“Glad We Tried Leoci's”
Review of Leoci's Trattoria - CLOSED

Leoci's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Hours of Operation: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a good experience there. The salads were, for us, lacking in salt, but adding just a little did the trick. The margherita pizza was absolutely to die for; incredibly good...and we were in the pizza business and are not easily impressed. My capellini pomodoro was a bit overcooked and I would term the sauce as more subtle than I hoped, but I give it high marks for being saucy and not dry chunks of vegetables like some others' offerings. I would order it again. Our server, Kirsten?, was very good. The wine (Canyon Road Chardonnay) was good and reasonably priced.

I have two issues with Leoci's. 1. The dining room exhibited a foul odor that to me smelled like human urine. I did not smell this in the bathroom. 2. There was a PIECE OF METAL in my capellini pomodoro (see photo, with cork for scale). This stuck between two of my teeth, so luckily I was able to retrieve it. Thank God I didn't swallow it, as it would have done untold damage to my insides. I did not mention this to the server while at the table, preferring to contact the manager after the fact, which I will do today.

Aside from these two issues, we enjoyed ourselves at Leoci's and will go back. Get the pizza if you go.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food took one hour to arrive. Had pasta and it was over cooked and tasteless. Service poor. Made excuse that kitchen was small. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Beer was not even cold.

1  Thank Ericb2468
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Go and try and be spilt with hidden gem of a location and the food is to die for. Writing more will ruin surprise. Ring first and ask how to find, can walk to but may need a car if you are staying in Nortern end by river

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I ate at Leoci's on a recent trip to Savannah. I think the good experience we had is mostly due to the waiter we had (Icelandic fellow...cannot pronounce his name for the life of me...or spell it).

Long story short, he went out of his way to pair the perfect wine with my meal. He was extremely personable and such a delight to talk to. He was very attentive and made our evening a great one.

I had the Truffle Sacchetti, which was fabulous...and something I will most certainly order again. My husband had the Classic Bolognese. After tasting both dishes my husband admitted that my dinner was by far the best.

The ONLY reason I am not giving Leoci's 5 stars is because of the smell that hit us at the door. It was horrible and something that took about 15 minutes to subside (or for us to get used to). Otherwise, we had a wonderful dinner with a great waiter. As such, we plan to return on our next visit to Savannah.

2  Thank AFinchMom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would give this establishment three stars, but the Icelandic waiter was just so good that I gave an extra star for his service. The atmosphere is amongst the most romantic in Savannah, intimate, with a certain romantic decor to the place. The food was a disappointment, perhaps I had expected more with such a nice environment. However the pasta was tasteless, the sauce that stuck to it was even more tasteless, on a blind test I would never had guessed it was tomato or even pasta sauce. The dessert was great and the wine was good.