“Loved Leoci's”

Leoci's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Hours of Operation: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Louisville, Kentucky
“Loved Leoci's”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My daughter and I stumbled on this little gem following a college tour of SCAD. It had a charming atmosphere and a beautiful outside dining area. Next time when it's a bit warmer, we'll try that. Our waiter, Giovanni, was efficient , friendly and quite charming.
He first brought a steaming basket of perfect bread and chewy breadsticks and olive oill/balsamic dip. MMM.

There was a lunch special menu and you can also choose from the very interesting menu of treaditional Italian fare, to other dishes which feature local seafood and produce. The menu offered several choices for vegetarians. My daughter choose a delicious vegatble panini served with tossed greens and olives. She gushed. I had a half order (thankfully) of one of the best Lasagna dishes I've ever had. The noodles were homemade and paper thin. The blend of meat, cheeses and spices was delicate and flavorful. At no time did you encounter a huge chunk of meat or a thick gooey mouthful of cheese. This lasagna was expertly prepared to have the perfect balance. I am craving it while writing this.
They have a wood burning oven which produces the most awesome aroma and many dishes were made in the oven. I was tempted by their pizzas, but that only gives me reason to return Thumbs up!

Visited February 2012

“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We had a lovely time at Leoci's. Our waiter made excellent recommendations, even given our limited dietary requirements. We hope they continue to be successful!

Savannah, Georgia
“good but not reliable”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The food can be fantastic -- or just average. I will give them one more chance. If the food is so-so again, that will be that. Italian will be cooked at home!

“Leoccis is Perfect”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I went with my husband on Feb 13 to celebrate valentines day. It was perfect! We ordered the shrimp and lobster bisque from the valentines menu, that was amazing. My husband had the mushrooom risotto with hanger steak and I had the House Special Gnocchi. Both our meals were absolutely delicious. The appetizers and entrees came at a timely manner and the service was great. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank travelarmywife
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We loved it”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We loved this restaurant so much that we went back for our second and last night.

Visited February 2012