“Excellent, delicious food, but the bill can add up quickly.”
Review of Leoci's Trattoria - CLOSED

Leoci's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Hours of Operation: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Washington State
“Excellent, delicious food, but the bill can add up quickly.”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We walked a few blocks from our rental house to Leoci’s. It was a bit cool, so we ate inside (not that it mattered much, since they left both the front and rear doors open and the wind blew through). The interior wasn’t much, but it doesn’t matter, because the food was fabulous. My spouse wanted a house Cabernet, but the waiter upsold her to a fancy brand, which cost $14 a glass. But, she said that it was very smooth. The bread was a treat with good flavor. They gave us a lot and we ate it all.

So many lovely food choices. I should add that most entrees come in a half or full order. My spouse usually orders gnocchi, but since I was going to, she ordered the Pomodoro, but with pancetta added. It was really flavorful with a lot of pancetta. I wanted a house salad, but my spouse suggested sharing the special Farmers salad with heirloom tomatoes ($14). It was really good. The homemade gnocchi ($24) is different daily. It was really flavorful with a brown sauce, sorry that I can’t remember what the meat was. Our companions started with a half zuppa. It was so good, they wished that they had ordered a whole. They then tried the Verde Pasta and a regular Pomodoro and both enjoyed them. We were full, so didn’t have dessert.

South Florida
“Great Restaurant in Savannah”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a great restaurant! We ate on the back patio and the service and food were wonderful. Make sure that you ask which dishes have their own homemade pasta. The pasta was similar to what we ate when we were in Italy. Excellent!

Tennessee, USA
“Very Low-Key Exterior, Nice Inside and on the Veranda”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

When we first drove up to Leoci's, we noticed that the outside actually looks more like a dentist's office than a restaurant. In addition, parking is somewhat puzzling (as it is in various parts of Savannah anyway). The establishment is 8-10 blocks away from the waterfront.

When we did go in, though, we were glad we decided to do so. We went straight through the dining room and out onto the veranda. It was a very pleasant evening and dining al fresco was certainly in order. The veranda is spacious and nicely decorated (though the iPod music system was a bit loud - we asked and were moved to a table a bit further away).

Our server was very pleasant and accommodating. We started by sharing the ANTIPASTI LEOCI’S based on another review we had encountered. That review did state that everything was warmed, but it turned out that only the oven-roasted olives were... but they were excellent and the entire dish was very good.

For entrees, we had the FETTUCCINE FRUTTI DI MARE and the PAPPARDELLE BOLOGNESE. The fettuccine had shrimp in the pasta and mussels and clams arranged around the outside - all very good. The pappardelle was well-cooked and the sauce nicely done. Portions were larger than either of us could finish.

We are glad that we chose to go the Leoci's and would recommend it.

Foxboro, MA
“Outstanding food, don't miss this hidden treasure!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Visiting Savannah from Boston, this ""whole in the wall" restaurant reminded me of the North End eateries in Boston. Our server Jake was awesome. Really authentic Italian gourmet. They even have their sausages homemade with their own recipe..... Yum!

Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I want to start by saying that I am not a person that writes reviews for bad performance. I actually enjoy giving praises more than writing bad reviews, however I feel that I need to review this place. I’m going to jump right in to keep this a short as possible. Let’s begin with water….simple enough right? Not for Leoci’s. They choose to serve water out of tiny glasses, which only is a problem because the waiter does not come around very often to refill the water glasses. Hot and walking around in Savannah, we downed the first glass in a matter of minutes and waited over a half hour before we got a refill. No big deal. Let’s move on to service. Our waiter gave his best effort to be southern and warm, but he was not. He was completely off in his own world and seemed to get upset when we wanted more water or wanted to leave out ingredients from a dish. For example, Dad doesn’t do well with pepperoni so he order the Bobby J pizza…no pepperoni. The waiter's….”the kitchen is very busy and I don’t know if they can do that”. We thought that was rude and just plain odd. Moving on to the food now. The pasta sauces are extremely watered down and all the dishes arrived cold, like really cold. Mom sent her bland floating in water pasta back because it was an Italian ramen noodle. We have been to numerous Italian restaurants despite the waiter's efforts to sell the dish, we do not believe that pasta floating in bland tomato water is authentic Italian. The worst part of the meal had to be the rotten shrimp atop one of the pastas. Rotten to the core shrimp! Our friend ate one and began gagging it up. She wasn’t sure if it was her or the shrimp so she asked me to taste one. I did and immediately discarded it in my napkin and took a Benerdryl. When the waiter returned to the table we informed him of the rotten shrimp and his response was….”it must have been okay cause I don’t see all the shrimp on the plate”. We have to point out to him that we gagged the shrimp up into the napkins and he could take the dish and the napkins from our table at once. Overall it was a horrible experience and really put a damper on everyone’s mood. It was also aggravating to leave a restaurant to go find another so that we could get those that did not eat food for the evening. I will follow this review up with two positive thoughts…1.) the atmosphere was really quaint with a nice ambiance; 2.) the truffle pasta is the best on the menu. If you must go there, order the truffle pasta.

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank BlossomBy
beachamb, Manager at Leoci's Trattoria, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Hi Shay!

So sorry to hear about your experience at the restaurant. I very clearly remember your table coming in and I do apologize for your experience. At the time that this table arrived we were definitely slammed. In fact, I remember this table arriving in the middle of the rush with a party of 6 people, and no reservation. We had to seat them outside, and from that point on there wasn't really anything we could do to please them.

The kitchen was experiencing a very high volume all at once and the chef had asked that no special orders be placed while we were going through this rush. Special orders in a restaurant can really slow things down. Even something as simple as leaving something off a dish can cause problems. For instance, if this pizza was made for your father and the cook missed the instructions to leave the pepperoni off and had to remake it, it could cause delays for everyone else. Most of the dishes ordered at this table were altered. I think the only dish that wasn't was the Sacchetti which coincidentally was also the favorite dish at the table. I will admit that the kitchen was a little delayed that night. Most of our tables were very understanding and enjoyed their meals when they arrived to the table.

As far as the dish you ordered. The Fettuccine Frutti De Mare is a dish that we make that features a light tomato broth. It is a dish I often sell to people looking for a lighter meal, something not so heavy. A dish, people are usually very happy with. This customer claimed that the shrimp were bad. Going far enough to exclaim that they were from New Orleans which apparently made them experts on shrimp. Here is the rundown on our seafood:

Shrimp: Wild Caught Georgia Shrimp
Mussels: Prince Edward Island
Clams: South Carolina

We receive fresh shipments daily.

-Bryan Beacham