“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Haskell, New Jersey
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is our third year in a row that we have stayed here on our way to Florida and it is always great. The hotel lobby is very pretty, the staff very friendly and the suites are quite large and clean! Breakfast is great also. There is no noise issue from traffic or other rooms. We love staying here and look forward to doing just that next year. It is just off the highway but a little hard to find due to signage issues but don't give up!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hey Donna! Thank you very much for staying with us AGAIN! We love to hear when guests return to the hotel and are pleased each time they stay. We very much appreciate your very kind comments and look forward to your next trip. Think about staying a couple of days though. Savannah and the Low Country are beautiful and worth taking the time to enjoy.

BobB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

As many people I had business with Gulfstream which is located right near the Savannah Airport. I picked the Embassy Suites based on positive reviews I had read on TripAdvisor and I must say I was not disappointed.

The pros:

- Very new modern looking lobby and facilities. This hotel must have been remodeled recently
- Extremely comfortable King size bed and I am picky. I slept like a charm
- Staff is super nice and helpful.
- Double TV (room / living room)
- Two rooms, not overly huge but perfect for one person or a couple
- Little kitchen area
- American Buffet breakfast with plenty of selection and an omelette station
- Social events after work with small snacks and drinks
- Very adequate fitness room with 4 treadmills and 2 elliptical (could be wrong on exact numbers) + 2 benches and plenty of free weights and balls.
- Swimming pool (I did not try it)

The cons (mostly minor stuff)

- Shower / water pressure was low and I could barely get hot water.
- One of the (white) towels given to me in the bathroom had large red stains (it looked like it was thoroughly washed and dried, but nobody paid attention to those permanent stains)
- Cleaning staff replaced my soap, shampoo etc and replaced them, but gave me 3 conditioners and no shampoo. Of course I realized that when I was in the shower.. Lobby person was more than happy to give me a shampoo bottle when I told them. Just an honest mistake I m sure.
- A/C heater is loud. I just turned it off at night. Room never went too cold anyway and was comfortable. Note that it was 40 Deg F all week. Not sure how one would feel in the summer heat.

All and all I would definitely return to this hotel if I had business in that area. Note that it is a good 20mns from downtown Savannah but just minutes from the airport or local businesses.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor which was very quiet. Both sides of the hotel overlook a forest so I don'...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jean-Francois R
Yep, that's us! WOW what a great review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments! I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff so they can look into the glitches you had mentioned. We appreciate you staying with us and are glad that you enjoyed your visit and will be back again.

Lawrenceviile, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful stay, great breakfast, very comfortable room that was noise and problem free. The only drawback in all the handicap parking is in front of the hotel. There are no handicap spots in the back or the sides. Our room was in the back. It would have been difficult to park in the front and walk to the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard M
Thank you Mr. Richard M for staying with us and for your great comments. That is an excellent point about the handicap parking spaces and I will be sure to relay it to our General Manager and our Chief Engineer to investigate. It is alwasy pleasing to hear when a guests enjoys their visit and we will look forward to having you return the next time you are in the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is our first stay in one of the newer built Embassy Suites. It felt very modern and was a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and courteous. We all slept great and breakfast was great as usual. Love the new design. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Very conveniently located to I-95.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sending in your wonderful comments. It is great to hear that you liked the new design concept of Embassy Suites. It has been very well received so far by our guests. Mostly though it was great to hear that you were pleased with our service. I will be sure t pass along your comments to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on that next trip through Savannah.

All the best,
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed a night in February 2014. Hotel looks brand new, it has a different interior than the typical Embassy courtyard. Its very nice. Room was spottless, loved the different layout of the suite and the couch/bed was much nicer/more comfortable than the norm. Friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fantastic!! Three things we love to hear - spotless, friendly and will stay again - the "Tri-fecta" for hotel stays! Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your great comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the "New Look" Embassy Suties. I wil be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. I know they will be very pleased to hear them.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Savannah!

All the best,
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This must be the new design for Embassy Suites and it was nice! Upscale and warm, the space was not overwhelming like older ES properties. Great rooms at a rate that is hard to beat for airport stays. Comfortable common spaces, a decent gym and easy access to the airport. The shuttle doesn't run frequently enough but that is the only "nit".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you Mr. Ken K. for staying with us and for sharing your comments. You are correct! We are the new design option for Embassy Suites that went away from the large atrium design to a little more intimate and warm layout. It is wonderful to hear that you liked the design and even more importantly enjoyed your stay and our services. We hope to see you again on your next business trip to the area or maybe for a little R&R get-away!

Thanks and all the best
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is wonderful. From the hotel lobby which is beautiful to the suite style rooms this hotel is worth your time and money.

I stayed here for business. The company I was visiting is near the airport so the location was perfect. If you're planning on spending long nights trying Savannah's Restaurant and Bar scene this may not be as good.

The rooms are suite style with a living area, small efficiency kitchen and a large bathroom. The minifridge gave me a place to keep left over food.

The bed was extremely comfortable and having two tv's (one in the living area and one in the bedroom) was the height of slothenly (is that a word?) heaven after a long day working.

The workout facilities are good and helped me get a good workout. There isn't a large room so at the peak time the machines filled up.

There is a great breakfast every morning. There are the normal staples (bagels, cereal, yogurt) with hot options that rotated (bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast, pancakes). The two things that really stood out were the "made to order" omelette station and two pots of grits and oatmeal.

There is also a evening reception that includes a rotation of snacks (fruit, veggies, snack mix, chips and salsa, cookies, etc) and free soft drinks. It was a great stop on the way back from work.

The area around the hotel is growing with construction on apartments/town homes going on across the street. There are numerous dining options in the immediate vicinity.

This is a perfect place for a business traveler on an extended trip to visit the major businesses in the area. A family could do well also if they want a quieter hotel that is still just a short drive from down town.

Room Tip: I was in handicap accessible room so I think that allowed me to have a larger than average bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Yessss!!!! Thank you!! Thank you!! This might be the Holy Grail of Trip Advisor comments!! Wow having such gracious comments from a seasoned "road warrior" it just doesn't get any better! It is great to hear that you were pleased by our services and facilities. We definitely look forward to your next stay. Hopefully we will make it an even better experience than your last visit!

Thank you again and all the best!