“Thanksgiving Trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport
Ranked #17 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We checked in before the rush. The hotel was full of families but we heard very little noise. The breakfast area was very busy but there was helpful staff cleaning the tables as soon as they were available. It is located in a nice quiet area, close to the airport, with available shopping and dining nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for sending your very kind comments and for sharing Thanksgiving with us! It is great to hear the everyone enjoyed our hotel and found the hotel to your comfort and liking . Hopefully you found some relaxation and recharged the batteries for the rest of the journey. Thank again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay to break up a road trip and wanted something easy just off of I-95. We were happy we chose the Embassy Suites near Savannah Airport. The hotel was clean, with friendly staff, had plenty of room and the breakfast buffet was perfect to get us going the next morning. We would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Well we are glad you dropped in!! Thank you very much for selecting our hotel for your stopover in Savannah! It is great to hear that you and the family enjoyed our facilities, food and services. We hope you had a wonderful trip filled with lots of great memories. We will look forward to you next trip this way and another stay at our hotel. If you haven't visited Savannah already, it is definitely worth staying an extra day or two to enjoy the area. The family will love it!!

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel every year since they first opened in 3/2010! This hotel use to be my favorite Embassy! I am a Diamond member with Hilton and stay approx 250 nights a year with this chain.
The last 3 times my stay was great. However, this stay did not meet my expectations of what I was use to.
I seen a lot of new faces it was sad to see most of the old staff was gone.
The main issue I had was in room 726. The heater in the room would not come on so I called the front desk to report the problem. They seemed to have gotten it fixed! But around 6:30pm I again called the front desk about the same issue. Basically the heat would come on then once it reached the set temp instead of turning off the A/C would start running. Again around 10pm the same problem the guy came up and it seemed to be working. I went to bed shortly there after. To my surprise I woke up around 4am to a room that felt like it was about 50 degrees. I just tuned the entire unit off. At around. 8:30am I reported these issues to the front desk again.
I was never even offered a different room by anyone. It was an ok stay I guess. But rather disappointing compared to all my prior stays at this hotel. May try another property next time I'm in the area!! The entire atmosphere of the hotel seemed a lot different compared to my past stays here! It's just not as good as it use to be which is very sad!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for being a return guest to our hotel and for sending in your comments. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations on this visit. I know that could be very disappointing. Unfortunately for us we did turnover a few employees this past year, but are excited by the new members and all they bring to the hotel. I will be sure to forward your comments to the rest of our management team so they can look into the situations you had mentioned. In the meantime, I hope you will consider staying with us your next visit to Savannah and give us a shot at redemption. Thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal Embassy Suites guest. I hope we will have a chance to serve you better during future visits.

All the best,

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for an overnight while traveling south to Florida. Very nice property- inviting lobby, clean rooms. Breakfast exceeded our "free hotel breakfast" expectations,especially if you choose a fresh made omelette. I would definitely stay here again on my travels.

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you very much for making us your "pit stop" on the way down to Florida. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for the stayover and are pleased to hear that you found the hotel, our food, and our services to your liking. Embassy Suites does provide a complimentary breakfast like no other and hopefully it got you re-fueled to enjoy the rest of the day's travel. We will look forward to your next visit this way and hope you be able to spend a couple days enjoying all that Savannah and the entire area has to offer. Thanks again for staying with us!

All the best,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We arrived late with our three small children after a long day on the road, and were very happy with this hotel, which is conveniently located (for us) right off I-95. Our suite had two doubles and a sofa bed, which was already made up. The property is clean, well-lit and safe, and the full breakfast (included in our rate) far exceeded our expectations. This may become a regular stop for us on trips to Florida.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

We are sure glad you found us! Thank you very much for staying with us and for sending in the great comments. We especially love to hear when families enjoy their visit and that the kids were happy. We look forward to your next visit, but you need to make Savannah more than a stopover. Be sure to stay an extra day or two and visit the Historic District and other sites in the area. Y'all will love it!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

After traveling all day, 9 hours from Dublin, Ireland, this hotel was exactly what I needed. A big smile at check-in, a big kingsize bed, and 2 hours of free drinks at the manager's reception. Nice new hotel and free wifi. Breakfast was great in the morning/. Free shuttle to/from airport a big plus.
Keep it up guys.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Well, I am glad we were here for you! Sounds like you made it just in time! Thank you for the wonderful comments and for staying with us! After a tough day of traveling or of working. it is great to be greeted with a smile and to find a comfortable place to relax and unwind. I am glad you found that at our hotel, especially the smile! We hope we made your trip to the States a little more enjoyable and look forward to your next visit. If you have heard anything about our celebration of St. Patrick's Day around here, you know that we are very fond of folks from Ireland.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed the night on the way down to Orlando. Chose Embassy because I prefer the Hilton brand.

Service was amazing, from the front desk checkin to ordering room service for a tired family. The person who we ordered from (I think her name was Victoria) not only took our order but she also delivered it. The hotel could use ten more like Victoria.

Kids enjoyed the pool and we all slept well. I highly recommend the Embassy Suites Savannah airport.

• Stayed: November 2013
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you Mike R. for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments. It is great to hear that the entire family enjoyed their stay and that y'all were pleased with our facilties, food and service. I wll be sure to pass along your comments to our Food and Beverage Director. We hope that the family had a great time in Orlando, but your next trip through, allow a couple days for a little longer stay in Savannah. The family will love it! And a "by-the-way" at our exit, a water park is slated to be completed by this summer and an outlet mall by the summer of 2015. Orlando will only be a happy memory for y'all!

Thanks and all the best,
Bob B