“Excellent stay -- especially for families” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport
Ranked #17 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
nc
“Excellent stay -- especially for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stop for the night on our drive down to Florida -- so glad we did! This hotel is right off of I-95 and even on Christmas night, had no problem showing up without a reservation and had reasonable rates. Hotel is very modern and staff was very attentive. Room was clean and spacious for my family of five. Sleeper sofa was actually comfortable, king bed had soft linens, and bathroom could be accessed from the bedroom or the kitchen/living room which was a plus. Breakfast was excellent and the made to order eggs were delicious. Again, staff was attentive and courteous. Only disappointment was the pool did not appear clean, but we did not have time for a swim anyways. Will definitely stay here again even for just to sleep!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear miscuzi:
Glad there was room at the inn for some weary travelers on Christmas night. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for your kind comments! I hope as travels bring you our way again that you will stay wih us. Belive me when I say the water is fine and you need to make sure you paln some time to take a dip in the pool or a long soak in the Jacuzzi.

All our best!
Bob B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels because of my job and this one hands down was the best. I really can't complain about anything. The staff was great, very friendly. The layout of the hotel was very easy to navigate. The room was awesome! And I don't think I've ever said that about a hotel room. But this one just blew me away. It was laid out like a small apartment. It has a nice efficiency kitchen. A nice sized living room area with a very comfy (and clean) couch, and a small closet. A large very nice bathroom with good water pressure, and a very large bedroom area with a nice size closet. I only stayed here one night, but I really would have been happy staying here for a week or longer. The breakfast was just phenomenal! A huge selection of foods and a chef on hand to make you any breakfast food that you can dream up. The dinning area are huge and very well laid out.
The hotel is very easy to get to from the airport (it's literally right down the street). It's close to the interstate. And only about 15 minutes from downtown Savannah (super easy to get to from here).

Room Tip: I love this hotel and I really don't think you can get a bad room here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Beautiful hotel marred by gagles of unruly, non-parented kids. Businesses need to take a stand before another guest is injured. Breakfast was a nightmare as was checkout caused by nearly a dozen kids running thru the areas, crawling under tables, running behind checkin desk, etc. These kids tripped me causing coffee to spill on me, the bumped me into a wall and rocked my table while I attempted to eat. The parents from the New England area sat with the grandparents ignoring these horrible kids. The staff just watched. When I asked for something to be done I was told there was nothing they could do. Hilton/embassy - DO SOMETHING? A NO KIDS ALLOWED POLICY WOULD HELP.
hotel is nice, location is great, clients are rude.
A miserable morning. Skip the breakfast for safety and peace.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Waynesville, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stopped there on our way to GA from OH. This was the BEST Embassy Suites I've stayed in. Relativey new and modern, and doesn't fit the normal mold of having the big atrium in the middle.
Good:
- front desk. The front desk design has customer service in mind where the almost stand behind just a podium so when they talk to you, they come around the podium and stand right next to you. Adds an additional touch of friendliness instead of having the barrier in between the customer and the hotel.
- the dining area was beautiful and comfortable and clean. we arrived just in time for the manaer's reception. This I see as just a little perk and don't expect a meal so it was just right. No hot food but the drinks were there.
- the breakfast was delicious and plentiful. eggs cooked to order, fresh fruits, coffee, bacon, pancakes, etc. the whole deal.
- the room was awesome. The typical set up with the living area and the bedroom. The room was spotless...except the little area between the second bed and the wall. It's not enough room for a vacuum to get through but definitely enough room for a child to fall in and for all sorts of other things to fall in...like pens and paper...and there were some in there so it shows that area isn't cleaned. We asked for extra pillows and stuffed them down in the crack so our child wouldn't fall in and so I wouldn't see the things. One recommendation and the only one is for the hotel to remind the housekeepers to clean areas even vacuums can't get to.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chw4
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent one night here in Dec 2012 on a road trip.

Very very nice. Kind of isolated and very quiet. You'll need to have a car to reach anything interesting in terms of a restaurant, but the room itself was clean, perfect, and the bed was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel, but I noticed it last year when we drove to Florida. If you are driving from Washington DC, Virginia or Maryland, it is the perfect stop to south Florida...about half way. The hotel is new and provides the complementary breakfast and manager's reception that you expect at a Embassey Suites....the breakfast is great....and made for you by the chef. The reception includes all drinks....food was lacking , however....popcorn and fruit. For value and services, there isn't a better value in the area. I just made my January reservation on a trip to Fort Lauderdale at an excellent rate for the season. Families will love this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marcellus, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Yes, a complementary breakfast that offered omelet's made to order provided an eggcellent experience before our departure. Also, plenty of fresh fruit, pancakes, sausage, and other standard items (bread, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, ...) rounded out a genuine breakfast for a hotel conveniently located off I-95.
The hotel accommodations were also excellent. Since I was traveling with my senior citizen parents I used the sofa bed, which was very comfortable. Room was clean.
Each staff member I interacted with was very friendly and happy to assist in any way. They also demonstrated interest in my having an enjoyable stay.
Overall, one of the better hotel experiences I have had.

Room Tip: A little pricier than other local hotels, however, breakfast and accommodations are a substantial st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family