“Great tour with interesting history!”

Blue Orb Savannah Ghost Tours
Ranked #16 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Ghost Tours at their best. Blue Orb Tours Was named Best Savannah Ghost Tour by the well respected Savannah Destination Guide, but we don't just offer the best Savannah ghost tours. Our flagship Uncensored Adults Only Tour was named one of the Top 13 ghost tours in the World by Conde Nast Traveler and one of the Top 3 Ghost Tours in America by the USA Today Fan Poll. We offer multiple ghost tours for every taste and budget, so if you are a fan of Haunted Savannah, hags, shadow people, bone collectors, secret cemeteries and all things strange then Blue Orb Tours is for you. Reservations are required.
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great tour with interesting history!”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I booked the 9 o'clock orb 411 tour on Halloween night. I was a little reluctant at first for fear that the group may be too large to hear or see anything clearly. I was totally wrong. The tour was easy flowing, and I could see and hear everything. All of the stories were well researched and told. Even if you aren't a believer you have to give credit where it's due. My wife is still scared about the shadow people and hag stories. Definitely do not delete your pictures. Everytime we look at them we tend to find another suspicious item that we didn't see before! This is a must do tour!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Just a great tour”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

There is a little something for everybody in Savannah. The midnight tour with Tobias is definitely THE attraction for those with a sophisticated, yet raw appreciation for the macabre and paranormal history that surrounds Savannah. My girlfriend and I spent about a week in your lovely city and most of our stories back home seem to end with 432

Minneapolis, Minnesota
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Good Storytelling & Creepy Locations”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We took the Midnight Zombie Tour in October.

The PROs:
1. Tobias is a great storyteller. Whether or not the "facts" were actually facts is immaterial. He spins a good yarn, true or not. We found it very entertaining.
2. The walking format was nice. It wasn't at all strenous and the relative quiet darkness made for great atmosphere, which would have been lost in a driving tour.
3. The locations were good and creepy. Abandoned old architecture is fun anyway. Add a few local legends in a 300-year-old town and you're sure to have some scares.
4. Adult. By that, I mean it was not watered down to handle an audience of minors. No impatient kids on the tour, no crying, no whining, no strollers.

The CONS
1. This is an expensive tour as compared to tours I've taken all over the world. It was more expensive than a Rome tour we took at the height of the Euro's value. Granted, some of this cost was associated with the second-party ticket service, but nowhere on the site was there a mention that you could avoid that by paying cash on the night of the tour (which we saw happen). Would I pay this price again? Probably, because it's a unique experience, but it might attract more customers if the cost was lower.
2. Relative to "Con #1," I would like to advise the owner to park his late-model BMW with the vanity plate in a more remote location than the customer meeting spot. (You walking out of the darkness may add some effect!) Oh, and clip the vents of your new suit before setting out for the night. It will make the customer feel less like you're overcharging. Sorry if this seems harsh, but I feel it can only improve your business.

blueorbtours, Owner at Blue Orb Savannah Ghost Tours, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Thank you for the review. :-) I am glad you enjoyed what we put together in a late night offering and your feedback helps me grow as a business owner. I would like to say in regard to the ticket price that if we drop the price of this tour at Midnight some of the "pros" that you didn't list would disappear. Mainly the savvy, mature minded crowd. Doing a late night tour that is cheaper would attract a far less serious crowd. It is also why we stage that tour away from most of the nightlife. We want serious minded folks on that tour like yourself, who want to be on a ghost tour at that hour. We might attract more people for less money but for us it is about the quality not the quantity. Actually we are not the most expensive late night tour. There is at least one other company that has tried to get a Midnight tour going and it is more expensive than ours and you do not get the creator of the company when you take it. So, I do take your comments to heart but you did also comment that you would probably pay that price again. We are satisfied that the price, everything considered is appropriate. We do offer a $20 option at 7 and 9pm though.

In regard to the car with the vanity plate. Lol- it is NOT a BMW and it isn't late model. The car is 11 years old but the previous owner took very good care of it. The vanity plate is for blue orb and not me personally and I am admittedly, very proud of blue orb and what it offers.

Thank you for the feedback. I am going to update the website to show that booking parties can avoid the 3rd party ticketing fees by calling us directly. Peace.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is what a ghost tour should be informative, researched and not at all corny. My boyfriend and I went on the midnight tour on Sun the 17th and got exactly what we wanted. Tobias, our guide, gave us awesome information on each spot that we visited that night. I'm still creeped out about the info on "Shadow People" and the stories about the "Hags". Our pictures revealed not only orbs from different locations but also silhouettes in windows. We had a great time and so glad to have picked this tour! Tobias keep doing what you do!

1 Thank nikkid76
Somerset, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yawwwwnnnn.....”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Not worth the 35.00! 2 hours out of my life I cannot get back! Guide did not captivate the group, people were walking away to sit down due to loss of interest.

3 Thank JR0925
blueorbtours, Owner at Blue Orb Savannah Ghost Tours, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
I see that you are new to Trip Advisor so first let me welcome you to the TA community!

Respectfully, you said that the guide "did not captivate the group" and "people were sitting down due to lack of interest"...I don't think it's fair or reasonable to say you know the opinions and motivations of 33 you have never met so i can't really address that, but I will say that we do stage our stops purposefully at places where there are benches and encourage sitting. Some of our guests are older and standing for 2 hours can be a stretch. If people are not captivated or uninterested they leave, not sit.

I am happy to refund your tour tickets and also add that we offer a $20 option that leaves at 9pm. If you look at those that have posted before you we are almost exclusively a 5 star experience. So, I have to believe if you give us another try we could make it a better one for you. Since you were not completely satisfied with your experience I will also add that I would like you to be my guests and I will do the tour myself. In the mean time I see that you 5 starred another tour company here the same day as our review that does tours for $15. In the end, although we did not meet your expectations I am genuinely glad to hear that you did not leave Savannah without taking a ghost tour that fit your budget and tastes. The wonderful thing about this city is that there is something for everyone.