“Brnad Spanking New. First Night only $71!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed May 21, 2010

New hotels are like new cars. You get the most value from the price you pay. This inn was exactly what I had in mind when seeking out an affordable and a location friendly stay.

No metal doors. No vinyl baseboards. And they do have flat-screen tv. I left a closet full of shirts and they promptly fed-ex them to my CT home.

I liked the staff although some were in training but that's ok.

And talking elevators! "Going Up"

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HappySoberMan
StacySturgis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

HappySoberMan,

Thank you so much for your review! The talking elevators are entertaining, aren't they? Please come back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown

Reviewed May 19, 2010

I took my mother here for Mother's Day weekend as a treat! It was a lovely hotel. The room was clean and very spacious. The continental breakfast was enjoyable and they even switched it up a little. The staff was kind and very hospitable towards us during our stay. There was a free shuttle that allowed guests to travel downtown, this amenity was very nice. I will definitely stay here again, for the price and location it is definitely a steal!!

• Stayed: May 2010

teebrown,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be hospitable. I hope you will come back and stay at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Hotel was very clean the service. I enjoyed a smoke free building.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on Mother's Day weekend. We were in town for graduation at Savannah State University. I can not say enough about the manager Felton and his staff during our stay! It was absolutely WONDERFUL! Although the hotel is a new property, it was honestly in pristine condition. It was spotless. My grandmother, 93 years of age, stayed with us and was very confortable. The parking garage was even spoteless! It was well lit and although there were a few evenings that we were out after dark, we felt safe walking from the parking garage to the door of the hotel. On Mother's Day Sunday, we had several relatives that came over to visit with my grandmother that stayed at another property on Abercorn. They too were impressed by the hotel and the staff. Although they did not reside at the hotel, Felton (the Manager) made them feel as if they did! He was very helpful and complimentary to members of our party.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel was GREAT! As we passed through the hallways everyone was so friendly and encouraged us to enjoy our stay. When we checked out we told Felton that we would be back again and I sincerely mean it. The rooms were great, the beds super comfortable, the bathrooms were great and we could not have asked for a better King Suite during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
StacySturgis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Shnipa1123,

Thanks so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and its staff. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you feel at home.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed the first weekend in May this year at this hotel, my wife had booked us here, she had done her research good. This place was mice and new, we had a very nice room at a great rate. The breakfast included was warm and fresh. All the staff was very helpful whenever we needed things brought to the room or needed other assistance.

We will definately stay again next time we are in Savannah. Thank You!!

larowe04,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff so helpful.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

This is a brand new Hampton located about 3 miles south of the Savannah historic district and close to Hunter Army Air Base. This hotel sits next door to a sister hotel (Hilton Garden Inn-- also new) and they allow some sharing of certain amenities like the conceirge. However, the hotel itself is in top notch condition. We stayed in a King Bed Suite and it was the largest room I have ever stayed in at the Hampton Inn chain and I stay at Hamptons quite often while on business. The room was quit and very well appointed-- cheap too at $93 for the AARP rate. The next property over from the hotel is an upscale shopping center that you can easily walk to from the Hampton Inn. There is a Fresh Market that is the anchor store in the center and it is a great grocery store. You can even buy a store cooked dinner or lunch and bring it back to your room if you want to save some money. They also have a very good wine and beer selection at Fresh Market making it even more convenient-- good prices as well. A little longer walk across a major highway takes you to another shopping center with a Publix grocery and a Bone Fish Grill restaurant. You might want to use a car for that one as it is a heavily traveled highway. This Hampton is not as good as staying directly in Savannah's Historic District but it is a lot more reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and they serve a very nice breakfast. You can get lunch and/or dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn next door if you choose at a price of $9-- they serve a buffet. We didn't eat there so I can't comment. This Hampton certainly is a reasonable and cost saving alternative for a visit to Savannah. Even during rush hour, it did not take us more than a half hour to get back to the hotel or downtown. It is a great deal as long as they can maintain the current "new" status. It should be good for another 2 years at least. We liked it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OldeBlueHen

OldeBlueHen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found it a great value and had a pleasant stay. I hope you will stay with us again should you visit Savannah in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

My family and I went to Savannah for Spring Break. I came acrros this hotel. I dealt with the hotel directly in reserving the room. I got a great deal.It had just opened in December. This place was great, the staff was wonderful, the rooms were very clean and they had a great breakfast. There was something different everyday. It was close to the historic district, so we would go and have an hour of down time and then head to the city. It was also not far from Tybee and Bonadventure. It is a great place to stay and very close to everything. The staff was great and very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
StacySturgis, Social Media Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

sunshine7917,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon!!

Stacy Sturgis