“Just terrific!”

Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ocala, Florida
“Just terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent two nights at this Hampton Inn just this past week. The folks at the front desk were nice, polite, efficient, and able to answer a number of questions about the area. The room was spotless and very quiet. There are blackout drapes which worked REALLY well when I wanted a quiet afternoon nap before heading out again. The breakfast was as good as any Hampton Inn (I'm a Hilton Honors member and travel often) and the ladies keeping it stocked were great. On the morning I checked out, I spent a while sipping coffee and got to watch the desk clerk handle a number of check-outs, phone calls, and questions with a smile and without missing a beat. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn and will stay here again! (Also, there's a Fresh Market and a Starbucks within a few minutes walking distance.....doesn't get much better than that!! )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shadowe10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Montevallo, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Accommodation at this hotel were more than I expected. The hotel appears to be new(ish), the staff is very friendly and helpful, the bed amazingly comfortable, free wi-fi... what else is there to say. All in all, an excellent hotel that I would certainly stay in again and a great value in the area. The free continental breakfast was extremely good as well. Highly recommended!

Butner, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I waited to do this review because I contacted Hilton Properties about an incident that happened during our two night stay March 8th and 9th.

I had reserved a jacuzzi room. When we got there I was impressed with the front desk staff and the hotel looked new and clean. When we entered the room the two person jacuzzi was in the corner of the room. I immediately noticed a chemical cleaning odor...I also started sneezing. I sneezed for about 30 minutes but then stopped. About an hour later I noticed a red area on my arm about the size of a quarter. Still didn't think much of it...we left the room and went to dinner...by the time dinner was done I was broken out in hives on arms and legs..to the extent it required a visit to Urgent Care and steroids...

Management was great...moved us to another room while we were at Urgent Care and also gave us directions on how to get there. When we got home I emailed Hilton to ask if this room had an extra deep cleaning and or the jacuzzi had been cleaned with something because I have never had anything like this happen before. I received an email back yesterday saying they had checked with cleaning supervisor and that no unusual cleaning products had been used and in their opinion my "rash" was not caused by the room...So be it and I take some responsibility for not exiting the room immediately after I started sneezing. We were in room 414...so just a heads up be aware of your surroundings and listen to what your body is telling you, I am convinced it was something in the room that caused the allergic reaction.

I liked this property and the area...staff was very helpful, but sadly I will cross Hilton properties off my list of places to stay. I do not believe that they took my complaint seriously.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank beachgoer46
GM_HIS_Midtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry that you had an unfortunate experience at our hotel. Please know our guests satisfaction is most important to us and we take all guest complaints seriously. We conducted an investigation with Housekeeping to ensure no new chemicals where used in the cleaning process and we found nothing out of the ordinary. We have been using the same cleaning products since we opened in 2009 and never have encountered a problem before. We are very sorry you had a reaction while staying with us and lost faith in Hilton hotels. We hope you will give not only our property but other Hilton hotels another chance to show you that we are a caring company that takes the comfort and safety of our guests as a top priority. We wish you the best in your recovery and hope to see you as our guest again.

Felton Clark
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable and the front staff was helpful and accommodating. This is a large Hampton Inn facility in more of a suburban setting. The rates were definitely more reasonable than staying the in the Historic Districts of Savannah.

4 Thank Erin62
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are well appointed. Breakfast was okay, but they have the slowest toasters in the world. The staff was friendly and accomidating. The beautiful thing is the location. From the hotel, it's only about a 7 min. drive to the historic district. Rooms in the historic district averaged 30% more for the room, plus $12-18 per night to park. The rooms here were bigger and parking was free. The pool was large and clean, although the spa was out of order while we were there.

Room Tip: We had a king bed room that had a fridge and microwave.
3 Thank Jim K
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was in a safe area and was clean. It was right next door to its sister hotel- the Hilton. If we needed something that our hotel did not have, we could go the Hilton. We ate one night in the restaurant at the Hilton. There was a small shopping center on a street behind the hotel where we bought some snacks, water etc. We asked about a refrigerator and one was brought to our room. My cousin and I each had a corkscrew, but we could not get the cork out of our bottles of wine. The receptionist sent up a wpoman who was able to get the cork out of my wine bottle but not my cousin's. She then went next door to the Hilton to get a better corkscrew. She came back with the bartender and two wine glasses. He opened my cousin's bottle of wine. We wanted to tip them, but they left before this was accomplished. Since we did not know their names, neither got a tip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank driverless
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived this afternoon did not get a very warm reception. Also, we are silver hilton honor members and we were informed we were not eligible for our complimentary waters. We just came from the Knoxville Hampton which was wonderful and they welcomed us with two bottles of water. We do not have a micro or fridge in the room which we expected. We were to stay four nights but we are not.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G S
GM_HIS_Midtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you being loyal Hilton guests and choosing to stay with us while in Savannah. We are sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us but please know that each Hampton property can have slightly different policies and amenities. We will pass your comments on to our Front Desk Manager for continued customer service excellence and make sure every guest is greeted like they were being welcomed home. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Felton Clark