I stayed at this property for one night in late December 2011 while travelling through the area. I exchanged 25,000 HHonors points for a room with two queen beds.
The property is located in a business focused area of Savannah. It is approximately ten minutes from the tourist-focused River Street area. Numerous restaurants are located within a few blocks. Alternate properties in the immediate area include a Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn and Homewood Suites.
The exterior of the Hampton was very attractive, clean and well maintained. Adequate parking is available in a parking garage shared with an adjacent property. The parking area was well lit and appeared safe.
The lobby area was clean, neat and attractive. Front desk staff were polite, attentive and I found all documents prepared in advance of my arrival. This made check-in a short, efficient process.
Elevator service was prompt and cabs were found to be clean. Interior hallways were clean and well lit.
The room was furinished in a manner typical for the chain and price point. All electronic equipment was found to be in good working order and internet speeds were more than adequate for wireless use.
Intermittent hallway noise was a factor as the city was hosting a teen basketball tournament during my stay and other guests were less than respectful. This was certainly not the fault of hotel leadership, rather it was indicative of a lack of attention by chaperones.
Morning breakfast was well stocked and typical for a Hampton. Staff members were helpful and polite. Check-out was a short affair and I was invited back.
This is a fresh, new and well-run property. Should the opportunity arise I would not hesitate to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savannah/Midtown hotel is where you want to stay. Ideally situated in Midtown Savannah, our hotel is located only three miles from the historic district and within walking distance of many fashionable retailers and well-known restaurants. Ask our Concierge to make reservations and recommendations for Savannah's area attractions. Our hotel offers four flexible event rooms able to accommodate up to 200 guests. Let our expert catering and events team take care of the details, including a personalized menu for your occasion from our celebrated executive chef. Spacious, welcoming and clean guest rooms await your arrival at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown. We offer hotel-style comfort with a range of home-like amenities including a 37-inch LCD TV with high definition channels and free WiFi. Stretch out in one of our spacious studio suites with additional amenities including a wet bar, microwave, refrigerator and sleeper sofa. These oversized rooms are 50% larger than a standard guest room, a great way to upgrade your stay. Start the day off right with Hampton's free hot breakfast, featuring a range of delicious hot options including fresh waffles and oatmeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelPower, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Midtown