“Added stress to our vacation!”

Madison Tour Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$47.49*
and up
Private Horse Drawn Carriage Tour
Ranked #63 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Madison Tour Company's horse drawn carriages offer both group tours and private tours throughout Savannah's landmark historic district.We are conveniently located on Ellis Square,in the City Market,just one short block west of Paula Deen's resteraunt The Lady and Son's.Should you choose to take a private carriage tour you may customize your pick up location and destination drop off.Our carriages are also available for weddings and special events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We tried for three days to make a reservation but couldn't get a hold of any one. When we finally were able to make a reservation the carriage never showed up. We called the company and they tried to put us on a carriage with another couple riding backwards or on one after we left Savannah. Don't waste your time with this company there are many other companies that are easier to contact.

1  Thank ptshef
Madisontourcompany, Owner at Madison Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We certainly are not aware of any incident of this sort. Please refer to other reviews.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I researched the carriage tour companies of Savannah before choosing Madison. We were very pleased with our selection. We took a private, day tour. The guide was friendly and informative. The horse appeared to be very healthy, not overworked. Some of the others around town made me feel sad for them because their hooves were chipped or they were a bit "ribby". We would definitely recommend Madison Tour Company to others!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I want to start off by saying the tour guides were great and gave us lots of information and suggestions on restaurants. The only downside was that I had booked a private carriage tour in one of the white carriages, but earlier in the day on my way into Savannah, I got a phone call that because there were some rain showers expected, that they would be using a different type of carriage with a top. They wanted to check to be sure if that was okay. I told them it was, so they can't be blamed for that. When we got into town and were waiting in Ellis Square for our tour, we saw other tour companies using the white carriages like I was expecting, so I had hoped they had changed their minds about the other carriage, but they didn't. It just was not the romantic horse and carriage ride I had hoped for. You sit in a buggy on seats that are sideways, so it's harder to see everything. Instead of spending the extra money on a private tour, I should have just done the public tour. Next time, I would just wait until I got into town to see what was available. As I said, they clearly told me what the plan was and called to make sure I was okay with it, so I can't blame them, and they were great tour guides and very nice ladies.

Madisontourcompany, Owner at Madison Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

We would love to have you back on a rain free day. Next time it's on us! Thank you!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Skip the tour trolley and take the carriage tour. Our guide was perfect. She asked if we wanted information or just a romantic ride. We opted for the tour information. The pace with the carriage was perfect and our guide gave us lots of interesting information as we rode. They were extremely friendly and polite. Definitely do this at night.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We took an evening carriage ride. The driver was very professional and knowledgeable. The tour went most of the squares. It is a wonderful way to get a general lay out of Bull Street and Market. I felt as though I had a general understanding of Savannah's history and the development of that history.

Great company and they offer a nice military discount!