“The Best Carriage Tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Horse Drawn Carriage Tour
Ranked #61 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Madison Tour Company's horse drawn carriages offer both group tours and private tours throughout Savannah's landmark historic district.We are conveniently located on Ellis Square,in the City Market,just one short block west of Paula Deen's resteraunt The Lady and Son's.Should you choose to take a private carriage tour you may customize your pick up location and destination drop off.Our carriages are also available for weddings and special events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best Carriage Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were in town to get married and Madison was recommended to us by our wedding officiant. We weren't planning a carriage tour but it ended up being one of the best experiences on our visit. We were picked up right in front of our hotel and taken on a beautiful, personalized tour of the historical area. The guide is very knowledgeable on both the historical and the movie/book social aspects of the area. Very informative. This is the friendliest possible service. Also, be sure to notice how well loved and cared for the horse is. This isn't the case everywhere. The cost is very fair - good value for your dollar. We highly recommend them and will take a carriage tour on every future visit!

Visited January 2012

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

As a concierge I use Madison Tour Company almost exclusively, and Dee takes excellent care of each and every guest that I send her. The tour itself is wonderful, informative and entertaining. And she takes great care of her horses....something very important to me as an animal lover! Whether you are booking reservations for someone else, or looking for a romantic tour for two, Madison is the way to go!!!!

Visited November 2011
Lawrenceville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous tour around Savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

My daughter and I were having a frustrating day after our dolphin tour was cancelled because of rain Saturday morning and the weather was rough out on Tybee Island. We were determined to take a carriage ride around Savannah before the clouds ruined any more of our fun. We happened upon the Madison Touring Company white carriage at the City Market while I was looking for a carriage ride. At first I was hesitant to have my 14 year old and I take a more expensive private tour, but I thought "Why not!" I am so glad we did. Our driver was wonderful! I so thoroughly enjoyed our long tour around the city. And It was so nice to be able to ask any questions I wanted while I was learning about all the wonderful architecture and history. Our driver gave us lots of great tips of places to visit once the tour was over. She even gave me the phone number for a pedicab service so my daughter and I could safely get back to our hotel after our Pirate House dinner that night. This carriage ride was a highlight of my weekend trip! If you decide you don't want to do a tour trip with strangers, splurge and take a private ride in the lovely white carriage with a wonderful tour guide!!

Visited October 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfect Wedding Transportation Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Madison Tour Company provided a wonderful and beautiful horse-drawn carriage to take me and my bridesmaids to the wedding site and then took the wedding party (Bride, Groom, and all attendants) to the reception. It could not have been a more perfect experience. The carriage was perfect and our driver was friendly, professional, helpful, and calming. She made sure the experience was exactly as it should be.

Visited May 2011
Savannah, Georgia
“A Fairytale wedding come true!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Madison Tour Company provided a beautiful horse drawn carriage for my new daughter-in-law to make her grand entrance to her wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous! A white carriage arrayed with delicate white flowers hanging gracefully around the carriage and a majestic black horse escorting the bride and bridesmaids to their grand arrival. The wind was blowing, but at historic Whitfield Square it was like a fairy tale. Thank You Madison Tour Company!!

Visited April 2011