“Disappointed”

Haunted Walking Tour of Savannah
Ranked #20 of 56 Nightlife in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original HAUNTINGS tour of Savannah, Georgia. A 90 minute walking tour, departs 9pm nightly. BE PREPARED TO BE SCARED. Hear tales of encounters with the paranormal in one of the most haunted cities in America. Based on Margaret DeBolt's book 'Savannah Spectres', as well as 'Drums and Shadows', written in the 1930's by the Writer's Project of the WPA and 'Savannah Hauntings' by Robert Edgerly, owner and tourguide of Hauntings Tours. All tours daily, 7 days a week, no tours Christmas Day. Reservations are required. Private and group tours welcome. Pet friendly tours. Mention TripAdvisor and receive a discounted rate.
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We decided to take this ghost tour when the concierge at SpringHill Suites recommended it. My fiance and I live here in Savannah and his parents were visiting. We had been on some other ghost tours that were pretty good, but this one was NOT. I would have to agree with the other person who posted that they felt like they were on candid camera. Our tour guide's name was Collin and from the start he was stumbling through all of the stories and saying "um" constantly. It was obvious that he had memorized the stories and was trying to recall each line of the story. The events of the stories were all jumbled up and he would always miss the punch line. It was as if he was doing a presentation for a class and wasn't interested in the subject and just trying to get through it. No passion at all. It was painful to watch because we felt so bad for him.

4  Thank Ashley M
There are newer reviews for Savannah Hauntings Ghost Tour

Reviewed September 6, 2010

My family and I enjoyed a nice, comfortable breezy evening walk through Savannah with Robert as our guide on Sept 5, 2010. This was our 3rd ghost tour of Savannah and we all enjoy a good story. Our kids are 12 & 17 years old and the information was very appropriate. Robert was enlightening, entertaining, and very willing to give every participant the opportunity to ask their questions. His soft spoken voice, although sometimes hard to hear with cars passing by, along with his wit, made the tour that much more intriguing. We felt that we got more than what we paid for, as our tour ran over the 90 minute time. He willingly stayed after the tour to answer additional questions and share more stories. We can't wait to read his book!

2  Thank pedalho
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were told by his website to arrive 10 minutes early, but he didn't arrive until five minutes after the tour should have started and talked with the store manager for another five minutes before we set off. I think he was drunk, since he repeated himself, spoke in a very garbled manner, and seemed to have trouble walking initially. The stories were weak, few and far between, and began to blur together. I kept hearing him say "If you want a paranormal activity, spend a night here (for $200)." or "I took some paranormals from Texas, and we had all kinds of strange activity" or, probably what he tells every single tour "A recent tour went through and they saw floating orbs." By the end, I felt like I was on a bad television show on SciFi (ghost hunters international, anyone?). Actually, we never made it to the end, cutting out early because the whole experience was so bad.

4  Thank Letrot
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My two travel companions and I decided to take a ghost tour and asked our concierge at the Avia for a suggestion. She suggested this tour. We arrived at the site and paid before taking off. The tour was PAINFUL. Seriously. The guide told "ghost" stories that didn't have a beginning, middle or end. Each sentence was punctuated by multiple pauses and "ums." I don't mean to be rude, but seriously, you're in the wrong business. I kept wondering if we were on Candid Camera for a bad tour. Sadly, we weren't. Best quote of the evening: "The ghost hunters recorded a voice that could be heard distinctly saying 'Help!' 'No!' or 'Get out!'" Really? Distinctly saying one of those three things huh?

Savannah seems like it probably has some great ghost stories. Sadly, you won't hear them on this tour. Find another one.

3  Thank JB101
Reviewed February 18, 2010

It's hard to believe there has been only one review of this tour. I'm not a real ghost adventurer but you can't help the fascination to the topic of the paranormal when you visit Savannah. I guess that's why there seems to be dozens of different tours. You can take ghost tours by bus, on foot and even in a re-designed hearse. It all depends on what you might find pleasing to your imagination.

My party wanted true investigated accounts of the paranormal, not some version of an amusement park ride. For this reason we selected The Haunting Tour conducted by the author of the book "Haunting Savannah", Robert Edgerly. I bought his book first, read the stories and spent some time visiting the different locations on my own (we were staying in Savannah for the month, so we had the time). I even spoke to a few of the people quoted in the book to verify what was being written. I found that the accounts written in Mr. Egerly's book to be truthful.

The tour was a blend of paranormal accounts coupled with some history to support and enrich the presentation. We had three teenagers with us on our tour. Teenagers who could become very cynical if they sensed outright fabricated stories. They, as well as the others in our party found the tour to be informative as well as scary.

My only disappointment, and I'm not really sure I should call it that, was Mr. Edgerly's quick departure at the end of the tour. It was a cold night and maybe he had enough of the night air. I was hoping he might have asked us if we had any questions at the end, not that he didn't answer questions as went along. I would not consider this a factor which should deter anyone from taking his tour.

Lastly, we had taken a tour of Savannah last year from a different tour company. Mr. Edgerly's was, by far, a more informative, enjoyable outing.

3  Thank GLaker