“The Hauntings Tour”

Haunted Walking Tour of Savannah
Ranked #20 of 56 Nightlife in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original HAUNTINGS tour of Savannah, Georgia. A 90 minute walking tour, departs 9pm nightly. BE PREPARED TO BE SCARED. Hear tales of encounters with the paranormal in one of the most haunted cities in America. Based on Margaret DeBolt's book 'Savannah Spectres', as well as 'Drums and Shadows', written in the 1930's by the Writer's Project of the WPA and 'Savannah Hauntings' by Robert Edgerly, owner and tourguide of Hauntings Tours. All tours daily, 7 days a week, no tours Christmas Day. Reservations are required. Private and group tours welcome. Pet friendly tours. Mention TripAdvisor and receive a discounted rate.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was in Savannah for a conference for work and I found The Haunting's tour online and then found a Groupon for half off and decided to give it a go. The group meets at 9 in Wright Square by Tomo-Chi- Chi's memorial site.

I toured with Steve who is a 3rd-4th generation Savannian and who's Great Grandfather fought for the the Confederates. Be prepared to walk and take pictures along the way. You stop at different places (Juliette Gordon Low House, the Anna Powers home, Colonial Cemetery, Conrad Aiken's home, GW's command center, and Savannah's Burying grounds). We were on the tour for 2-2.5 hours, but it was well worth it. Make sure you're phone is charged!!

Good amount of history mixed in with ghost sitings, I definitely got an aura in my cemetery pictures. Go on it if you have time!

1  Thank Christine G
There are newer reviews for Savannah Hauntings Ghost Tour

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife & I took the tour while on vacation to Savannah. We were thrilled to get a tour led by a man that not only had thoroughly researched his topic, but actually believed what he spoke. He wrote the book, in fact. Robert Edgerly was very professional, informative, and extremely interesting. Next trip to Savannah, we plan to take this tour again as well as any others he cares to guide.
I recommend everyone that takes this tour read his book. They will love it.
Thanks again, sir!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I did not go on this tour expecting to see ghosts, my husband is big into the "ghost stories" and we both like a unique way to learn about history. This particular tour was on a deal site for half off and decided to take the tour. Our guide was Steve, who was very nice and knew a lot about the city and its stories.

I read the reviews first and knew that it was probably going to run over the 90 minutes, but I was no way expecting for it to last 3 hours!! I know that it is unusual to complain about something your paying for to last longer than expected, but it was freezing cold and after the first 15 or so stories, I was over it. Out of 10 of us, about 4 people were still interested in the stories while the others just wanted to walk the other way.

We did walk away knowing a ton of stories about a lot of the buildings and people, and could not of asked for a nicer guide. He mentioned the movie "Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil" a LOT but never took us near the house or told us any story about it, which was a little disappointing since we saw the movie and were interested in learning more about it.

Overall good tour, just way too long.

1  Thank Shawna2004
Reviewed February 9, 2014

As a former local, it was great to learn even more about the history of the city. It wasn't as spooky as anticipated which was fine with me as I enjoy the history aspect. Excellent all around and I appreciated the extra time spent, although make sure you have the energy for it!!! Thanks for a memorable evening!!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our 2nd ghost walk tour, and it was fantastic! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable, witty, and kept us on a great pace. We learned things about Savannah that we had not read about in other guides or on other tours, and we felt like it was the insider's tour of haunted places around town. Stopping off at the 17hundred90 pub was great for a warm (or cold!) beverage and discussion about what we had seen and heard so far.

It is lengthy (2+ hrs), and late, and also has some scary content, so I wouldn't recommend it for kids, but if you bring good walking shoes, and something to warm your hands if it's cold, then you're good to go! Be sure to bring a camera, too!! (We happened to capture some amazing photos at the cemetery--a full-bodied apparition in one!)

5 stars, 2 thumbs up, standing ovation...definitely check out this tour when you're in town!! :)

1  Thank certs17