“Hauntingly Fabulous!”

Savannah Hauntings Tour
Ranked #25 of 59 Nightlife in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original HAUNTINGS tour of Savannah, Georgia. A 90 minute walking tour, departs 9pm nightly. BE PREPARED TO BE SCARED. Hear tales of encounters with the paranormal in one of the most haunted cities in America. Based on Margaret DeBolt's book 'Savannah Spectres', as well as 'Drums and Shadows', written in the 1930's by the Writer's Project of the WPA and 'Savannah Hauntings' by Robert Edgerly, owner and tourguide of Hauntings Tours. All tours daily, 7 days a week, no tours Christmas Day. Reservations are required. Private and group tours welcome. Pet friendly tours. Mention TripAdvisor and receive a discounted rate.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our 2nd ghost walk tour, and it was fantastic! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable, witty, and kept us on a great pace. We learned things about Savannah that we had not read about in other guides or on other tours, and we felt like it was the insider's tour of haunted places around town. Stopping off at the 17hundred90 pub was great for a warm (or cold!) beverage and discussion about what we had seen and heard so far.

It is lengthy (2+ hrs), and late, and also has some scary content, so I wouldn't recommend it for kids, but if you bring good walking shoes, and something to warm your hands if it's cold, then you're good to go! Be sure to bring a camera, too!! (We happened to capture some amazing photos at the cemetery--a full-bodied apparition in one!)

5 stars, 2 thumbs up, standing ovation...definitely check out this tour when you're in town!! :)

1  Thank certs17
in 2 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 41 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went on this tour after buying a voucher from a deal site, and man, was I glad that I did! The tour was led by a local college prof, and she was very sweet, informative, and funny. The tour was about 90 mins and had a welcomed bathroom break at a bar (called 1790). It went to homes, by a cemetery, in a square, and around businesses. They had many chances to take photos. There were lots of people on my tour (kids, adults, couples, solo folks, etc) and I would advise everyone to try it. Not too scary--the focus was more on history and legends. We also saw great homes and architecture. It was an all-encompassing tour and I loved it. I would go again in a heartbeat. The woman who collected my ticket (daughter of tour owner) was also super nice and recommended sights to see (local museums, etc) while on my trip. She was also wonderful. A++++ Tour.

2  Thank msspungen
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was not my first time in Savannah Ghost Walking so I was very happy to go to houses on streets that I had never been to before. An added bonus was that Robert, our guide, took us into an actual haunted inn, 17Hundred90, which me and my friend were staying at! Laura's house was a location that I would not want to be at; I got the voodoo woman. Other haunted places I have been to I got several orbs, not here. Long bright streaks (no one else got them) or "battery exhausted" on my camera. Not a waste of time and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I researched tirelessly before choosing to The Hauntings Ghost Tour, I did not want to take a cheesy tour in a hearse or with a a guide with some bizarre made up name and vampire costume. I was looking for a good historically accurate account of Savannah's paranormal activity and was lucky enough to get Steve as my guide. Steve is a native Savannahan, and knows his city and her history well. Steve had terrific stories about Savannah citizens and her macabre past. The stop in the middle at 1790 was perfectly timed for a bathroom break and had a good story attached as well. Tour was well paced and extremely well spoken. If you want to hear the real story of the dead in Savannah this is your tour. I would like to mention that I am a tour guide in Charleston (18 years) and I thoroughly enjoyed this walk. Thanks Steve and See Savannah Tours,

1  Thank JonSC
See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

90 minutes turned into 2 hrs. plus. The tour guide was very good with stories and facts, but it was actually too much information. The tour really dragged and there was nothing scarey, spooky or intruiging about this. About 2/3's through everyone was bored and tired. There was nothing any more exciting than what I heard on the trolley earlier in the day. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED and seriously considered asking for our money back, but we really just wanted to get out of there. Would NOT recommend this tour.

2  Thank Melissa282
RobertEdgerly, Owner at Savannah Hauntings Ghost Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot for you to take the time and relate your concerns. I am terribly sorry to hear that the tour was not enjoyable. I want to refund your money as it is important to me that customers come away with a good experience.