“Good beer has arrived”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah's second oldest restaurant and bar has been feeding hungry Savannahians and visitors for over 75 years! Your host, John Nichols is committed to providing you with a great meal, value for your dollar, efficient, friendly service and a good stiff drink! We serve the Crystal classics like the creamy Crab Stew, juicy Burgers and the hand cut Fries. You'll also want to try the new Grilled Greek Wings, the Gawgia Cracka Nachos, Avocado Hummus, Sauteed Veggie Wrap with Goat Cheese and the Peach Cobbler. We've got the best fried shrimp in town! We've also added delicious vegetarian items to the menu! Join us at The Crystal for lunch or dinner and experience this living part of Savannah's history! All major credit cards accepted. Handicapped accessible, handicapped parking.
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Friendly, professional crew running this bar/restaurant.
Really good beer selection on tap.
Everyone enjoyed their lunch I just happened to chose a BLT ( not the way to go).
Lots of competition in this town so have to be good to survive.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,680)

Reviewed October 3, 2016

I had some excellent fried chicken and field peas here on the first day of my trip. Because it was my birthday, they threw in a free peach cobbler which was A M A Z I N G. I loved the atmosphere of the place; it felt like I was stepping back into an old bar of the past. The decor was adorably quirky, and there were old black and white pictures, autographed pieces, news articles, etc. hanging on the walls. It's a great place to have a drink and an affordable delicious southern meal.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

The title says it all. I like the atmosphere here, a nice classy parlor style. TVs to watch games, but definitely a classy spot. Bartender was very knowledgable and polite. Service was quick, it's in a nice spot downtown. Best part though? The crab stew. Honestly the best soup/stew I had ever had. A must-have.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

We can't say enough about our dinner experience! The food was simply delicious and the service top notch. I would highly recommend the Blue Cheese Burger, Peach Cobbler and Friend Green Tomatoes which were out of this world. Only to be topped by our server Allie, who was the best I have ever seen. This restaurant should be on everyone's list of places to go in Savannah!

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Old school dinner club feel with cool vintage decor and a large menu of delicious food options. Ordered the half cup crab stew, half chicken salad sandwich. Really good! Service was great too.