“Great food within walkind distance of our B and B.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal Beer Parlor

Crystal Beer Parlor
Ranked #16 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah's second oldest restaurant and bar has been feeding hungry Savannahians and visitors for over 75 years! Your host, John Nichols is committed to providing you with a great meal, value for your dollar, efficient, friendly service and a good stiff drink! We serve the Crystal classics like the creamy Crab Stew, juicy Burgers and the hand cut Fries. You'll also want to try the new Grilled Greek Wings, the Gawgia Cracka Nachos, Avocado Hummus, Sauteed Veggie Wrap with Goat Cheese and the Peach Cobbler. We've got the best fried shrimp in town! We've also added delicious vegetarian items to the menu! Join us at The Crystal for lunch or dinner and experience this living part of Savannah's history! All major credit cards accepted. Handicapped accessible, handicapped parking.
Hillsboro, Missouri
“Great food within walkind distance of our B and B.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great food and close by. The wait staff was helpful and the menu had enough diversity to please my somewhat difficult tastes.

Plantation, Florida
“Good food and family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife, 4 year old daughter and aunt/uncle had diiner at the Crystal Beer Parlor while visiting Savannah in March 2013. The service was spot on with a friendly hostess and even friendlier waitress.

We ordered nachos and crab dip to start and they were both hearty with good flavor. For dinner I ordered the flounder which was good but could have been a bit crispier for being blackened. My wife had blackended shrimp and she enjoyed them. My aunt had the sauteed shrimp and raved about them. Finally my uncle ordered the hamburger steak and thought it was cooked and seasoned nicely.

All in all this is a nice place to go if you want a causual dining experience and some solid seafood dishes at a good price.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a late Sunday night dinner as we arrived in Savannah late. They had run out of some key entrees but we were there late and waited 25mins for a table. I had the bison burger and I would recommend this. Lamb burger was great as well. Overall very tasty and want to come back for the seafood! Great service and good company in this local favorite as recommended by our bed and breakfast.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony K
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Red Neck Nachos- that's what I like about the south!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Quick, tasty, and relatively inexpensive. The red neck nachos sounds odd - chips, pulled pork, and chopped pickle- was really pretty good. Fries were a little flabby. Got a bit of an attitude from the hostess/ wait staff for not " waiting to be seated" but we explained that the sign said "Please wait to be seated in the dining room" and we sat in the BAR ( which apparently you also must wait to be told where to sit) but she got over it and so did we. Lot of locals, which tells you something.

Franklin, NC
“Authentic Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our first night in Savannah, we walked a short jaunt from our hotel to the Crystal Beer Parlor. They were surprisingly busy for a Sunday evening, and we waited for 30 minutes for a group of four.

Our server, while very friendly, wasn't quite as efficient as I would like, but he got most of the job done. The food, for the most part, was really good and the prices were more than acceptable.

We started with the Gawgia Cracka Nachos, and we were not disappointed. The pork had excellent flavor and the addition of pickles added a perfect balance between the spicy and sweet. I would definitely recommend this!

My friend had the crab soup with sweet cornbread and she raved about it's great flavor.

One of the girls had traditional chicken tenders and fries, which she said was good.

The other had stuffed mushrooms and a wedge salad, also good.

I had a hot dog and fries. The hot dog was just okay.....bun was dry and had been warmed too long. The fries were homestyle and I should have asked for crispy.....didn't keep me from eating them all however.

The savannah mudslide was to die for and the girls LOVED the peach cobbler.

The only thing the other members of the party complained about was the water, which they sent back, and that they ran out of ice cream.

Overall, I would certainly recommend. I would definitely go back to try other entree options!

• Visited March 2013