“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah's second oldest restaurant and bar has been feeding hungry Savannahians and visitors for over 75 years! Your host, John Nichols is committed to providing you with a great meal, value for your dollar, efficient, friendly service and a good stiff drink! We serve the Crystal classics like the creamy Crab Stew, juicy Burgers and the hand cut Fries. You'll also want to try the new Grilled Greek Wings, the Gawgia Cracka Nachos, Avocado Hummus, Sauteed Veggie Wrap with Goat Cheese and the Peach Cobbler. We've got the best fried shrimp in town! We've also added delicious vegetarian items to the menu! Join us at The Crystal for lunch or dinner and experience this living part of Savannah's history! All major credit cards accepted. Handicapped accessible, handicapped parking.
Newport, Tennessee
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We loved this place so much that we had lunch there two days in a row. It appears that this is a place where the locals eat and that in its self speaks volumes to me. Our food was delicious (1st day burgers and fries and 2nd day club sandwich and fries). The servings were huge. The fried were homemade and not frozen and were not greasy - some of the best that I have eaten. The club sandwich was huge and there was no way to be able to eat it all. I wanted to try the peach cobbler but was too full on both days to have dessert. We talked with the hostess and she told us that the atmosphere was different at night than it was during the day - maybe next visit to Savannah we will visit for dinner. This place was a little bit of a walk from our hotel but well worth it. This was also two of our most reasonable priced meals that we had during our visit.

• Visited October 2012
JohnAtCrystal, Owner at Crystal Beer Parlor, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
So, so very glad y'all enjoyed our place! You've got to get back and try the peach cobbler - it's the best in the state! Thanks so much for your very kind words - hope to see you back again soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
“A Tale of Two Meals”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

To put it simply we had a wonderful lunch, and enjoyed it so much that we decided to go back for dinner. The dinner was dissapointing.
First the lunch. I had a grilled pork chop special which was tasty and plentiful. It was also only 8 bucks. My wife had a shrimp blt wrap which was also tasty but a little light on shrimp. One person had a burger and she said it was terrific. It was gone in about 5 minutes. They also have an interesting beer menu, and our waiter for lunch was informative as to what type of beer to order.
Our dinner experience was not nearly as enjoyable. The fried green tomato appetizer was bland and undistinguished. The reuben I had was low on meat as well as taste. The gumbo tasted cooked over and was too thick. I will say it was the night before Thanksgiving so maybe they were a little off.

Visited November 2012
You paid us the highest compliment by coming back the same day for dinner. Please tell me you told your server or the manager about your dissatisfaction with your dinner. With such a positive review of your lunch, I hope you said something and someone tried to satisfy you. If you said nothing to anyone on the staff, at this point, I can only shake my head. It pains me that we unknowingly let you down. As owner, I want to hear the good and the bad. However, I would have welcomed the opportunity to make things right while you were still here. Thanksgiving or no Thanksgiving, we want all our guests to leave full, happy and well taken care of.
Sanford, Florida
“Peach Cobbler Is The Best”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was my first visit to Savannah to celebrate my birthday so I did not want to come to Georgia and not have peach cobbler. We ordered an appetizer (stuff mushrooms), Cheeseburger Club sandwich w/sweet potatoes, Chili Cheeseburger w/homemade fries and of course peach cobbler. Everything was good and hot but the cobbler was to die for. I wish it was served in a bigger dish.

• Visited September 2012
Our peach cobbler is hard to beat! Thanks so very much for stopping by and I hope you'll visit again soon! Try the fried oyster sandwich - big, fat Gulf oysters served fried on toast with tartar sauce and lettuce - doesn't get better than that! Can't wait to have y'all back!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Food, Fun Place”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everytime my family attends an event at the civic center we have dinner here. Only being 2 blocks is so convienant. The atmosphere is always live and fun filled. The food is awesome and quite reasonable.

Visited September 2012
Billings, Montana
“Friendly Dining”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Walked over for dinner and were met at the door by a very friendly lady, I think her name was Fifi. What a great start! Food was very good and drinks well made. Could have a few gluten free items for those with food allergies, but we worked it out. We will be back!

• Visited October 2012