“Best in town!”
Review of Savannah Rambles

Savannah Rambles
Ranked #14 of 154 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: You are invited to walk with me as I use Savannah's architectural history as a visual aid to tell the history of Savannah's innovative city plan, icredible mix of architectural styles, and generations of diverse people who have created America's most uniquely beautiful city. I have been personally involved with the restoration of numerous buildings within Savannah's historic districts and can offer a unique perspective among tour guides.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The guide is one of the most knowledgable of his subject matter that I have ever experianced! What an interesting topic to consider and a breath of fresh air from the typical "ghost stories" one might encounter on a tour in an historic city!

Kinlaw815, Owner at Savannah Rambles, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for review, I love the fact that you are from Savannah and hope you will encourage more locals to learn about the architecture of their city. It just seems to be part of human nature that the last city you explore is your own, and the locals miss so much because of it. Hopefully, this review might make more locals consider a closer look at Savannah.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 15 reviews
"historic district"
in 24 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"architectural details"
"two hours"
in 12 reviews
"private tour"
in 10 reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
"savannah history"
in 11 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
"johnson square"
in 4 reviews
"small group"

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Dirk does a fantastic job of describing the history, the people and architecture of Savannah. He is very knowledgeable without loading you down with dates, just the facts. We would definitely recommend his architectural ramble to anyone coming to Savannah!

Kinlaw815, Owner at Savannah Rambles, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for reviewing savannah Rambles! I strongly feel that the people and their culture are important when discussing architecture since they are why the architecture exists. I purposely follow a path which places most of the buildings in rough chronological order which enables me to minimize the use of dates, though they do remain a helpful part of the description.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was the highlight of our trip to Savannah. Dirk focuses on the architecture of the historic district, and the details and stories gave us a real appreciation of the area. The walk takes around 2 hrs and covers quite a bit of territory so wear your running shoes! If you are bringing children on the tour (like us) don't forget drinks & snacks.
One side note: we had booked a private tour & there were 2 other people added without our prior knowledge. It didn't matter (we paid the group rate instead of the private rate), but it would have been nice to have known about the change in advance.

1  Thank CM Family
Kinlaw815, Owner at Savannah Rambles, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for the great review. I was embarrassed when I realized a few days later that you had requested a Private Ramble. I always try to put my customers first, but it does seem that I am destined to make mistakes from time to time. The up side for me is that I will be watching my scheduling much closer from now on. I do hope that my oversight did not put any damper on your visit to Savannah. Many thanks for your tactful and gracious review style and many happy travels to you and your fine family!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dirk was a great guide, providing a wealth of information! I loved the focus on architecture & the stories behind it.

Thank you for the fine Review! I love it when my Ramblers are so engaged that they won't let a little rain get in the way of enjoying our beautiful city. That's why I only cancel rambles when at the request of a customer or lightening becomes an issue. Savannah just looks good in the rain!