“This time the Dark Ramble.”
Review of Savannah Rambles

Savannah Rambles
Ranked #29 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: You are invited to walk with me as I use Savannah's architectural history as a visual aid to tell the history of Savannah's innovative city plan, icredible mix of architectural styles, and generations of diverse people who have created America's most uniquely beautiful city. I have been personally involved with the restoration of numerous buildings within Savannah's historic districts and can offer a unique perspective among tour guides.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A year ago this week, we went on the Savannah Rambles Architectural Tour with Dirk and could not stop talking about it. This time we went with another couple on the nighttime Dark Ramble. It was so much less touristy than other ghost tours. We got real history and true stories instead.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose to go on a walking tour with Dirk, the owner of Savannah Rambles, as our introduction to Savannah's historic area. After a week (combined with time in Charleston as well) we decided that this tour was one of the best things that we did on our whole vacation! Dirk was interesting, knowledgeable and great to learn from! He introduced us to the historic area and showed us places that we might never have seen or learned about on our own. His background as an architect (and not "JUST" a tour guide) made all of the difference!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our first visit to Savannah and we did some research on which tour of Savannah we should take. I ran across Dirk's trip while going through tripadvisor and looking at the reviews of different tours that were offered and his tour was highly rated. We contacted Dirk on Tuesday for a tour on Wednesday morning and he was very flexible. He is very knowledgable about the history and architecture of Savannah and interesting to listen to. I am sure his background working as an architect for the Savannah Preservation contributed to the fascinating facts and interesting features of each of the buildings and the history of Savannah from its establishment as a Colony. Dirk explained how the city was planned out and discussed all the people instrumental in its growth. He answered any questions we had and provided us with so much more information than what we would have ever received from a Trolley ride. Even though it is a walking tour, it was not fast paced and there is time to take pictures along the way. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone, even if this isn't your first time to Savannah. Very impressive!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had the privilege of being the only couple touring with Dirk H. that morning. He is so knowledgeable about Savannah history and architecture and interesting to boot! I would have missed half of the stuff he showed us and am sure he gave a more accurate tour than some we could have taken. I learned more than I expected and enjoyed every minute. Highly recommend!!!! He also pointed us to a great place for dinner, the Crystal Beer Parlor. Don't miss it.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was my fourth trip to Savannah, and this is the tour I can’t stop talking about. It was a visual history tour as well as an architectural tour. While pointing out the features of each building Dirk painted a detailed picture of the life and times of Savannah during the time it was built. The story of Savannah is a rags to riches to rags to riches (to rags to riches!) story. Our guide Dirk picked out architectural remnants of the past that remain in our present and used them to tell the story of Savannah. Even if you’ve visited the city many times, after this tour you will see the city in an entirely new way.