“Was Seated....Then Ignored”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Rainy Friday night, we duck in to grab a bite. We are immediately sat and given menus. 10-15 minutes later not a peep from the waiters shuffling around a surprisingly slow late evening. We left, but stopped by the hostess station. Again no one there for about a minute, even though there appeared to be 2 hostesses just minutes before. We ended up just leaving the place before drinks were even offered and 15 minutes of radio silence from the 10 plus staff working that night.

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We picked up dinner and ate it at our hotel. Being that this outback is in the tourist part of town they should pack extra napkins/silverware and even some paper plates since this is a hotel area. I had the ribs and husband had the grilled chicken. We asked for extra bbq sauce and were only give 1 container that was half full. The ribs were not very tender, if we had dined at the restaurant, I would have sent my meal back and ordered something else. We've been to better Outback Restaurants.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

You can always count on Outback Steakhouse and this was no exception. We had a lovely dinner and a fun dessert. Not too expensive - great service.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We sat for a long time before having anyone take a our drink order, we were going to get up and leave until at the last minute the manager asked if we'd been served. So we stayed, the manager came back and gave us a $10 off voucher, I think an appropriate response for making us wait, then one of the wait staff (different from our server) said she would cover the cost of my beer, I was very happy with them at that point!

Supper was great, always a safe place for steaks! When it was time to pay the bill, is when I get an icky feeling. Check was delivered, I paid in cash, so the wait staff took the cash and went to ring in and bring back the change (normal practice), but when I received my change, it was $10 short. When I tracked the wait staff member down they apologized said they must have missed it at the cash, but then immediately pulled $10 out of their apron. Maybe it was from their tips and an honest mistake, but it gave me an icky feeling. For that reason I don't think I'd go back, but I did appreciate the gestures of management and we did have a great meal. Like my title said, this was a tough review for me.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our family stopped in for lunch during the week. There was no wait, nice and cool with helpful staff. We all were very satisfied with our meals. The unlimited soup & salad is a great choice (French Onion ~ magnificent!), Of course we ordered the Bloomin Onion which was a hit. This place is in an excellent spot if you are in the historic district, an easy walk from many hotels. There is a parking garage across the street which charges $1 per hour if you have to drive.