“Long Wait...Good Food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Downtown
Savannah, Georgia
“Long Wait...Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Today on my day off from work I strolled Downtown Savannah. I walked into this restaurant for a little lunch. I have heard good things about it and so being that it was empty I took a try. I had one hour on the meter and figured that was plenty of time. Well I ordered a curry dish called Masaman, with potatoe squash, carrots, peanuts, and chicken. While I was waiting a couple that was there before me got up angrily and left because it took too long. I was wondering what was taking so long myself because there were only about eight people total in the restaurant. Needless to say my food came which was very delicious, but I had to get a to go plate beause it took so long. Dont know the reason for taking so long, but I will return and hope it doesnt take as long.

North Carolina
“Great flavors (but overcooked meat)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I were hungry for asian and stopped in here as it was close by. We had the papaya salad for an app (very good) but both of our meat entrees were ovecooked. The service was average and the restrooms less than desirable. The set up is very strange and the atmosphere is modern but not cozy. A few changes to this place both in set-up and kitchen could turn this place around.

Thunderbolt
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I stopped in on a whim for lunch. We had been meaning to go there since their remodeling and expansion. It was excellent! We shared spring rolls and each ordered a plate. My wife had a dish of chicken and veggies in lemon grass and chile sauce. It was a light sauce and not too spicy. I had sesame noodles with chicken. Both dishes had excellent subtle flavors and were good value. We'll definitely go there again soon!

Savannah, Georgia
“Still Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Okay,
Siagon's was one of my all time, go to restaurants here in Savannah before deploying to Afghanistan this past year. Just got back maybe 3 weeks ago, and been looking forward to going there. I went online and read some bad reviews, and it disappointed me. The staff had always been friendly towards my wife and I, and can't remember the servers name, but he was tall, short hair, and I beleive a SCAD student, he remembered us and that I'm a runner, and we always BS'd about it. Maybe it's the people giving the bad reviews. This is Savannah, and we go on Savannah Time.

I've been to alot of places due to my job, and going TDY (temporary duty), and I've ordered Sam Rot almost every Thai place I go, I'm from the south, and everything tatse better fried to me, or with ranch dressing on it. Fried with ranch dressing, yeah it's good, but I'm going to do that to Thai food. I ask them to put red curry sauce not the sweet chili sauce, and the staff and cooks do it, so can't understand the bad reviews about them.

We went last night before the Jeff Dunham show, it wasn't crazy busy, just 3-4 tables going on. The service was fine, not incredibly fast, but nothing to complain about, it's kind of what I expected anyhow (Savannah Time). Last night I had just 2 appetizers and a side of rice, it was perfect, not too much of 1 dish. Try the Emperor Shrimp and the eggplant, can't recall the eggplants name, even though I've had it numerous times.

The wife has been going vegatarian only as of late, and she got a noodle bowl, and she loved it, so no problem with her meal also, so again, I can't understand the bad reviews. Drinks, and food were served hot, not scalding, but the tempature you want to eat them at.

I'll keep going to Saigon's and all the tourist with sticks up their butts, stay away. I'm joking, Savannah loves its tourist, just remember Savannah Time please or maybe we should call it SCAD Time.

1 Thank poppafister
Mobile, Alabama
“Food better than service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

The food was good. Took a while to get so don't go in a hurry. We had time so not a problem. Service very poor, not attentive.