“AMAZING hamburgers”
Review of Rocks on the River

Rocks on the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocks on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker St.
Transit: Trolly tours and pedi-cabs both have stops on Bay Street at the entrance to the Bohemian Hotel.
Description: Set on vibrant River Street, the Bohemian Hotel presents an exciting dining destination to experience delicious food and dynamic entertainment in the comfortable, casual atmosphere of Rocks on the River Modern Grill and Rocks on the Roof. Surrounded by custom, river-inspired design elements of driftwood, brick and rough wood, Rocks on the River offers a menu of delicious American comfort food with a Southern contemporary approach that includes hamburgers, steak, fish and mussels. Enjoy the authentic wood-grilled flavor produced by the restaurant’s large pizza oven and a large wine and beer menu to complement your meal. Featuring a cozy fire pit, live entertainment, and an engaging tapas-style menu with extensive drink and martini choices, Rocks on the Roof is Savannah’s newest hotspot. Relax and unwind while enjoying fantastic views of Savannah River and the historic district from this rooftop lounge.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING hamburgers”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel and our first night we were too tired to walk anywhere so we tried this restaurant since it was an elevator ride away from our room. We both had hamburgers (different kinds) and they were terrific! We came around closing time but the wait staff was very nice and we had a great time. We were there at night but I would suggest going during the day so you can see the great view.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Loves_2Travel_78
foodandbeverageguy, Manager at Rocks on the River, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Loves_2Travel_78,
Thank you so much for feedback on your recent visit to Rocks on the River and your dining experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your burgers and that we were here for you and your husband for a late dinner. I must admit I enjoy the burgers as much as you did and eat them quite often. I look forward to seeing you back at the Bohemian soon. Have a Happy New Year.

Food and Beverage Director

Albany, NY
“Great Meals Were Had in Savannah!”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed at the Bohemian Hotel for 3 nights in December and had the pleasure of eating both breakfast and dinner at this wonderful restaurant. The breakfasts were phenomenal - never have I seen portion sizes that large and the food was delicious and wonderfully prepared. Other than the waiter the first morning who basically (we think) forgot our order because there was a huge party who arrived 15 minutes after we did and were served first while we waited about 30 minutes for our meal, the service staff were wonderful and very attentive to our needs. Dinner was also a feast - both the portion size and the food tastes were phenomenal. Will definitely return to this establishment when next in Savannah, GA.

1 Thank sthomas0616
foodandbeverageguy, Manager at Rocks on the River, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
sthomas0616,
Thank you so much for your feedback of Rocks on the River. I am sorry to hear about the delay you experienced for your dinner and have addressed it with our staff both servers and the kitchen. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious food at Dinner and then again at Breakfast (we do have the best breakfast in town). Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and being able to correct any issues so that we can correct them.
We look forward to seeing you back soon in Savannah.
Food and Beverage Director
SC
“Pleasant Dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stopped here for dinner and wanted to sit outside but after finding the crazy laws required that wine be served in plastic cups decided we must move inside. Our waitress was so charming that we insisted that we keep her. My sister-in-law was visting from Switzerland, she ordered Chicken w/Spaetzle (she was feeling homesick) which she said was really nice. Other dinner orders were grilled Tuna (he said it was oustanding) and grilled Steak Salad. It was very nice but a little disappointing expecting that the romaine as well as the steak would be grilled but sadly only the steak was grilled. It was a very pleasant dinner, outstanding service from Kaillie, very interesting modern interior and we would defintely stop here again.

1 Thank MarieRed
foodandbeverageguy, Manager at Rocks on the River, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
MarieRed,
Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. We hope that we were able to cure your sister in-law's homesickness with out Chicken Spaetzle(one of my favorites too). That recipe is from our Corporate Food and Beverage Director who is also from Switzerland as well. I will be sure to show Kallie the kinds words you had for her, she will be very excited! I will also check into the grilled romaine on your salad as it has always been grilled in the past and will get with our Chef to see if our presentation has changed and note it on the menu if it has.
We hope to see you back soon and thank you again for dining with us!

F&B Director
wilmington, nc
“Sunday brunch is phenomenal”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

At first I was a bit afraid of the "Benedict's" menu but I appreciate when I'm nudged out of my comfort zone and this was well worth it. I had the french toast benedict and it was delightful. I was surprised that my benedict also came with homefries and the orange juice was super cold and adult size. The sunday brunch menu has more variety of benedicts to make breakfast exciting, upscale and gourmet just like the modern, urban flair of the decor. I left the city that morning with a memorable dining experience. Next time I'm in town I plan to have dinner and cocktails on the rooftop.

1 Thank wsxgrrl
foodandbeverageguy, Manager at Rocks on the River, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
wsxgrrl,
We are very proud of our new brunch menu and we are so glad that you enjoyed your brunch with us and as a matter of fact the French Toast Benedict has been our most popular so far and it is sure is delicious!
Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you back soon!
Scott Melton F&B Director
Tampa, FL
“DELICIOUS addition to Savannah!”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Finally...Savannah got a trendy, upscale, and DELICIOUS place to eat. Dinner can be the most irritating part of a trip. No one wants to pay a lot of money for a flop of a dinner and atmosphere only Grandma could appreciate. Rocks definitely delivers! Check out their website for menu. I HIGH recommend the Savan Gria Margarita, Crab Cake Sliders, Burgers, and Cajun Grit Cake! Fun to order lots of appetizers to share. Ignore the stuffy hostess...she's probably just having a bad day.

*This place gets busy...eat early then go to Gallery Espresso to hang or make reservations to avoid waiting*

1 Thank Shineykate
foodandbeverageguy, Manager at Rocks on the River, responded to this review, November 6, 2010
Shineykate,
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so glad that you dined with us and enjoyed our delicious food! We look forward to seeing you back in Savannah soon.
I will be sure to speak with my entire host staff regarding your comment and make sure that they are smiling and welcoming!
Scott Melton-F&B Director