Tripadvisor
Savannah
Post
Inbox
Search

“The Service, Food and Atmosphere ROCKS!”
Review of Rocks on the River

Rocks on the River
Ranked #131 of 995 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker St.
Transit: Trolly tours and pedi-cabs both have stops on Bay Street at the entrance to the Bohemian Hotel.
Description: Enjoy American favorites here in Savannah! Showcasing a rooftop and bar atmosphere, our signature restaurant features hand-cut Angus steaks, crisp salads and fresh, Savannah-caught seafood.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited for a birthday dinner. I've been here several times with a big group so I knew the service and food would be good. They changed their menu so I had to try something new. I got the Seafood Chowder as my appetizer and the Braised Short Ribs for my entree. Someone at my table had the Seafood Boil Pizza. The Seafood Chowder was delicious, but it only had ONE potato in it. I believe the menu said shrimp was included, but I don't recall getting any shrimp. But as I stated, it had a great taste. I was able to taste the the Seafood Boil pizza and it was surprisingly really good. I'd definitely order the next time I'm there. The Braised Short Ribs was nothing short of amazingly delicious. We didn't stay for dessert, but I wanted to try a few of them. Per usual, the food and service was good and fast. I'd recommend this restaurant for singles, dates and groups of family, friends or coworkers.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped while walking down River Street for a small bite and some drinks. We were greeted by a hostess who appeared to be having a bad day and we were seated at a nice outside table that wasn't cleaned.

But the location was very nice and we did enjoy sitting and watching the sites. Our server was Sophia and she was very nice and provided good service except she didn't clean the table off either. They seem to have some staffing issues as after Sophia took our order another waiter stopped by and said he would wait on us. After explaining our order was already taken he insisted on taking it again. As he was finishing up the other server stopped him they had a brief conversation and he left. Very odd. We also realized that even though it was after 4 we were given the lunch menu, not really a big deal as both menus are similar.

I would not really recommend the place we had the Soppressata pizza which was good, but the drinks, a couple of margaritas were average at best. My guess is they have a great location and don't spend the effort to be a good restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 23, 2019

The combination of a lovely setting along the river in the beautiful Bohemian Hotel with our fantastic waiter Uyaron (from Brazil) and the delicious beet salad and seafood chowder has made my Savannah trip one to always remember. I will be back! Thank you!

Reviewed December 10, 2019

We had such a nice time here! The seafood chowder was to die for! Our server Justin was very nice and helpful! Highly recommend! Good food, good drinks, good view! Will definitely come back!

Reviewed December 7, 2019

The staff was so friendly and helpful. They allowed us to eat outside since we had our dog with us. The food was great and so was the servers were very helpful and friendly.