“Causual and delicious French Breakfast”

Papillote - French Cuisine To-Go
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Papillote is a casual French restaurant located in Downtown Savannah. Papillote is a family run business, and we make everything here from scratch daily. Derrick is the head chef and deals with everything savory. His mother, Vilma is the pastry chef and deals with all things sweet. Eat in or take out - very casual and a great atmosphere where you order at the counter and enjoy your meal at any open table you want. We have daily specials, and cater to many different dietary constraints!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Causual and delicious French Breakfast”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had breakfast here on Saturday morning. I had the french toast (perfect) and my husband had the croque madame (even better- yum). Cappuccinos were fantastic and service was quick and friendly.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great Cafe in Downtown Savannah”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I just had lunch at the Papillote in Savannah, GA. What a charming and delightful little café. The food was incredible and all freshly made right there, the tomato basil hot soup was served with brioche. I had a salad which was prettily presented with hazelnuts, sliced apricots and grapes. The salad's vinaigrette was light and refreshing. The salad was prettily presented with hazelnuts and sliced apricots and was light and refreshing. My husband had a very authentic ham/cheese toasted sandwich which he couldn't finish. French music played in the background and the atmosphere was charming and friendly. They have many home made pastries in the glass case that absolutely looked yummy! My only complaint was that the table tops needed to be cleaned better as they were very sticky. All in all I would definitely return.

Griffith, Indiana
“A Real Treat”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate here for lunch on our first day in Savannah. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was uniquely delicious. The macarons were amazing. You can't get food like this just anywhere.

2 Thank Lori C
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great meal, start to finish”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This cafe is adorable. Pretty tiny inside, but on a TA tip, we grabbed our sandwiches to go to enjoy at at the square on a pretty day and watched the kids play on the splash pad. We enjoyed a couple of items from the specials board, one a roast beef sandwich that was killer and their truffle steak fries. They have great fresh bread and are generous with the sandwich meat. On a tip from a local I ordered the La Parisien which was also delicious and topped with perfectly mandoline'd (sp/) apples. Its Great and quick French cuisine. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is clean. Oh, and we also had the chocolate mousse.YUM! Recommended!

• Visited May 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Shoulda, woulda, coulda, didn't”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I probably would have enjoyed the food if I hadn't shown up 30 minutes BEFORE closing only to be told, "We're closed, Ma'am." I went there Tuesday--not open--my mistake (they don't claim to be open on Tuesday). I went there Wednesday (the website says they're open until 7:00, which clearly wasn't the case). Come on Savannah, am I being punked? Do businesses here keep business hours, or are they open only when they feel like it?

Visited May 2014