“Incredible food, quaint French restaurant”

Papillote - French Cuisine To-Go
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Papillote is a casual French restaurant located in Downtown Savannah. Papillote is a family run business, and we make everything here from scratch daily. Derrick is the head chef and deals with everything savory. His mother, Vilma is the pastry chef and deals with all things sweet. Eat in or take out - very casual and a great atmosphere where you order at the counter and enjoy your meal at any open table you want. We have daily specials, and cater to many different dietary constraints!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

What an awesome place. It's not very large, but the food is incredible.
My wife and I ordered the Goat cheese, Spinach, Roasted Tomato Pie and the Croque Monsieur.
The tomato pie was definitely great, but that sandwich was out of this world.
It just melted in your mouth. It was the perfect amount of gooey, yummy cheese.
I could probably eat that every day.
The food takes about 10 -15 minutes to cook, but it's worth the wait!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to papillote. This time I went for the salmon papillote. It was so good, it's ridiculous. No fishy taste and just full of flavor. It's served in a huge bubble of foil, where its steaming. Apparently the word papillote is a french way to cook food, and this is it. My girlfriend had their pizzete? I think that's how they pronounced it. It was pretty much a pizza. She loved it. I didn't try it because I didn't want to ruin the taste of my salmon!

1  Thank BobbySanders8899
Reviewed June 5, 2013

One of my favorite places in Savannah! Every time I am on Broughton Street I have to make a quick stop by this place! You have to try the Orzo and the Almond Tart!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

It really is French food to go.... I love the crab tartine.... The restaurant is bistro style and they have awesome macaroons

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We arrived literally minutes before closing time at 7PM, and questioned whether we were too late to order. The staff said, "Oh no, we'll be here until everyone leaves." With that, we ordered the day's special, Tilapia en Papillote, and the Crab and Mango Tartine. "I'm sorry, but the Tilapia will take 25 minutes to fix, is that OK?" "Sure," I replied, "I'm not in any rush." Boy was I glad we stayed. The tilapia was superb, the presentation was artful, and the portion was generous. My wife loved her tartine. By the time we finished, we were the only people in the place. We said our thanks and "au revoir". If we're lucky, and can fit it in, we may go back to Papillote for brunch tomorrow. I wish we had a place like this at home, it would be great to take impressive looking and great tasting meals home with me from work.