“Great Experince at the Bohemian”

The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Amelia Island, Florida
“Great Experince at the Bohemian”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My wife and I left Amelia Island for a little get away to Savannah Ga. Feb5-6 we Stayed at the Bohemian Hotel this is a great hotel with a seasoned staff from front of the house to back of the house. It is nice to have a warm sincere welcome and genuine truly happy employees and managers that care about the guest and the looks of the property. Rocks on the roof top is a bar, Well let's say it Rocks! this is a happening place the resturaunt , I think is called Rocks also. We had a great breakfast Sunday morning I had the Southerner and my wife had one of the 16 to choose from egg benidicts which we both loved. We had dinner at the downstairs bar/resturaunt on Sat. night. I had a Reuben it's Huge and yummy! and the couple sitting next to us had steak and were locals that eat dinner there at least twice a month and said it's the best steak in town. This Hotel is a great place for couples or family, with warm welcomes and fond fairwells we will be back soon!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Our first trip to Savannah and we decided to book The Bohemian for the New Year weekend.

As we pulled up, Andrew was immediately there to open our doors and help us with our luggage. He was extremely friendly and very helpful! Even though we arrived a couple of hours before posted check in, our room was ready for us. From the door men to the car valet to the check in desk, we were amazed at how helpful and friendly everyone was.

Our room was on the sixth floor and although it was one of the smaller rooms, it suited our needs and then some. Internet TV, jacuzzi tub, tiled rain shower and beautifully decorated. We had asked for luggage racks and they showed up within a few minutes. Leaving to tour the city, the maids greeted us warmly as we walked down the hallway.

The Bohemian is very well located right on the River Walk in the Historic District. We were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see/visit and took advantage of that over the weekend. On our return to get ready for dinner, we had an issue with the internet TV and called down to facilities. An engineer was at our door within five minutes!!

New Year's Eve dinner was at the Olde Pink House - an easy 5-10 minute walk (if that!). When we returned, there was a loooong line of people waiting to head to the rooftop bar for the celebration. Being guests, we bypassed the line and headed straight to the roof. Unfortunately, it was extremely foggy that evening and although we heard the fireworks going off, no one was able to see anything.

All in all, we had an extremely enjoyable experience at this hotel and cannot recommend this place enough! We did have one meal at the River Rocks restaurant and that was for breakfast on the day we left. Having had so-so experiences with hotel restaurants, were weren't expecting much but were in for a very pleasant surprise! The food and decor were top notch!!

If you have the chance to stay here, do it!!!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
BHSRGM, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location, your room and our wonderful staff. Thank you for recognizing the staff. They work hard to insure every guest has a memorable stay. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Savannah!

Warmest Regards,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This is one of my favorite hotels to date. I chose it for its lush, unique appearance and I was not disappointed. The purpose of my trip was to visit friends and to relax in comfort for a few days since I'd just returned from out-of-country work. I was seeking comfort, relaxation, and rejuvination and the Bohemian seemed like the place for me.

It was overcast when I visited, which was fine by me. I checked in early because I was told on the phone I couldn't be guaranteed a spa bath tub which was a huge priority to me since I wanted to soak in a bubble bath to relax. So I checked in early, wanting to request that I get a phone call as soon as an appropriate room became available. Upon hearing this, the staff member said for just $40 she could upgrade me to a corner room that was available right then. So I checked in at 11a.m. to the perfect room!

The room was gorgeous and just as it appeared online. It was right over the restaurant and yet was amazinging quiet. I slept like a baby and never heard hotel/traffic noises. A boat honked at some points, but I considered this part of the charm of being on an active riverfront (not to complain about as I saw in another review. Ridiculous). ONE complaint was that the chandelier was hung too low over the bed. I hit my head on it once (you might guess why, ha). The light fixtures in the bathroom matched the unique chandelier and if you look CLOSELY you'll see they are actually in the shape of creatures!! The bath tub was great and I love how it opened up to the bedroom, creating a nice open feel and I also watched a movie while taking a relaxing soak my last night there.

The hidden surprise for me was the customer service. EVERYone I encountered was personable and polite and helpful. SO refreshing in a world where you can pay top-dollar and still be treated as though it's a bother for someone to address your needs/questions. Not here. After check in, I was going out to lunch. Since it was raining, the two young gentlemen who were valet/bellhops were so nice and offered me an umbrella to take with me. While waiting for friends to pick me up over my stay, the valets were friendly and talkative as I waited. Even the housekeeping staff were personable and nice the couple of times we interacted.

When I first got ready to take a bubble bath, I was all set with jazz music playing and low lighting. I get in and.....the jets wouldn't work. I called down and they sent a man up to look at the problem within 5 minutes! It was simply unplugged and then worked perfectly. I also ordered room service snacks for my bubble bath. I thought I might actually be DONE with the bubble bath by the time the food got there---but I was surprised when I heard a knock at the door---did not expect room service delivery that fast. Food was great, I had a mini pizza and cheese fries.

The restaurant was great and I loved the ambiance. My dish wasn't great, but it might just have been that i didn't personally like it. It just wasn't what I thought it would be based on the description of the truffle "dumplings". I wouldn't recommend it--it was kind of a pile of mush.

Also went to the rooftop bar which was really hopping and had live music.

I loved this hotel and plan on staying here again and also at their sister hotel at Forsythe Park.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Country-n-City-Nash
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and posting such a great review. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and I'm happy to know that you were able to relax and enjoy your time in Savannah. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team. We look forward to your next visit.

See you Soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We spent 3 nights here and the hotel and staff were great.
Great location and easy to get around Savannah.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy you decided to stay at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and recommendation. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Savannah!

At Your Service,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This hotel has its own unique character located right by the river. The entire staff is warm, attentive and friendly. The restaurant is convenient with good food. It also has a bar on the roof with a great view of the city. They also accept Marriott Rewards members.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and letting others know about the Marriott Rewards program with our hotel. We enjoyed hosting you during your stay in Savannah and look forward to your return.

All the Best,
Washington DC
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Location was perfect for a trip to Savannah -- the hotel is located right on the riverfront. My husband and I spent a lot of time up on the rooftop bar making conversations with other travelers by the firepits and admiring the gorgeous view of the river. The room itself was gorgeous; the design of and artwork in the rooms were unique and unlike any other hotel we have stayed at. If we end up going back to Savannah, we're definitely staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCLawyer16
BHSRGM, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, your room and the ambiance of our Roof Top Lounge. We look forward to hosting you on your future visits to Savannah!

Happy New Year!
Albany, NY
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Almost at our destination but thought we'd stop in Savannah, GA on our way and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Aside from the avante garde appearance of this hotel (velvet curtains for the bathroom instead of a door and over the bed, etc.) this was a wonderful hotel that had it all - great room, great service and a very good restaurant with terrific food. And, let's not forget the location - directly on the river with proximity to almost everything Savannah has to offer. We used our points to stay at this hotel and it was worth it - would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. And, the restaurant was reasonably priced, the food was delicious and portions were huge. We had a great stay!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
BHSRGM, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. We are so glad you enjoyed the location, your room and our restaurant. Thank you for recognizing the staff. They work hard to insure every guest has a memorable stay. We look forward to hosting you on your future visits to Savannah!

Happy Holidays!