“Nice Hotel.......But.........”

The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Wife and I stayed here for a quick little escape from the kids. The hotel is in a great location, right near River St and close to City Market. It was easy to park the car and let it sit for the night as we made our way around on foot. I thought the hotel was cool. Very Chic and modern with nice dark colors and marble tables, and slate bathrooms. I was a little disappointed in what we got for the money. I had reserved a Luxury King Corner room with a River View. I was under the impression this was their top level room category. The pictures on the web site show beautiful large tubs and decor. Our room had no tub and was really small for their top category. Had I paid $159 for the room, i would have been very pleased. Having paid $269 I was really disappointed in the size of the space and lack of tub. Again, the room color and ammenities were nice and clean, but for that price I didn't realize I would feel so cramped. The bed was nice, but I have slept on better in similar class hotels. We did eat downstairs. My wife ordered the Gumbo and the rice was completely undercooked, she had the catch of the day and it was doused in a creamy red sauce which she didn't care for. I had a burger and it was OK, tough to screw that up. The atmosphere was really cool in the resteraunt, but food was not equal to price......I can't really say too much bad, but I do feel obligated to say that i do not feel I got what I paid for. I wish the room was bigger and had the tub that seemed to be promised. staff was for the most part very cordial, except the valet that kept trying to bum a cigarette every time I walked out of the hotel front door, and I do not even smoke....that seemed a luittle odd and intrusive....I had made a few special requests (extra foam pillows and early check in time) but received neither, it was not a deal breaker though. But if you are going to send me an email from concierge service asking preferances, you might want to try and honor those......I am torn as to whether I would stay here again. It definitely will not be for the next over night escape, i will try out AVIA 1st so that I can compare. The prices add up quick at this place. Maybe I should have just gone for the regular king room and saved the money, but I thought the Luxury corner room would be special for that price......

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gibby80
There are newer reviews for The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed a few days with my bestie and our 15 year old daughters. We had an awesome time. Riverfront room is awesome because you can see the barges float by and go out on the balcony. I did not valet park (bad experience in DC a few years ago) but found it fairly easy to park out front and use the payment meter. Staff is the best -- every person very cordial and helpful. I LOVE to hear a live voice on the other end of the phone EVERYTIME I called the hotel. BEST OF ALL, the staff went out of their way to help me retireve something I left in the room and mail it to me. Southern Nights at Savannah Theatre was AWESOME!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I never heard of this hotel. My fiance selected them because he could use his Marriott points. Boy am I glad he picked them. This is a truly a boutique hotel. Very posh. Great rooftop and located right in the heart of Savannah. We were in a king size bed room. Not a lot of space we did not feel crowded. Bathroom is great and just to let you in on a secret, the light switch for the lamps on mirror are on the outside of the bathroom door. Our room was near the elevator and we heard no disturbing noise. Our view was of Bay Street. We slept quite soundly. A little more about the roof bar here. Live music and lots of beautiful people. Can be noisy so if you want to have real conversation, I would suggest going to the bar downstairs on the River Street side. All in all great hotel. Super friendly staff right down to the valet team. Be mindful if you use their parking services, it will be $20.00 a day. Try the Bohemian for that super special weekend!

p.s. pet friendly and there is an exercise room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

From the moment we went drove up and got into the Hotel............it was ......Like a Savannah Dream......! The ships going by the Hotel..........the roof top Bar.......the views out of the front...from out top floor corner room.....! The is the place to stay in Savannah. This trip was part of our four city 40th Anniversary Road Trip....! We did not wanna leave the hotel.....but it was the second city of our Trip..! We'll be coming back......Soon to this truly Funky Oasis......!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband and I ended our week vacation without the kids with a two night stay in this hotel. We were very pleased with the service, the rooms and the location. We had a corner room which was very quiet. The room's lighting is a bit dark but overall the room was superb. If you are looking for a nice relaxing hotel, the Bohemian should be considered.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Completely unique & enjoyable. Funky, small hotel with lots of charm. The location is where you want it to be. It was my first trip to Savannah and it was a great starting point to go off in all directions, the River front area, the City Market area, Fathers Day supper @ Paula Deans! Horse drawn carriage ride right from the front of the hotel. Everything was unique from the lobby to the artwork in the rooms & bar. Rooftop bar had a great view of the River. I thought the shower was great, but the bathroom was too dark. I couldn't get over all of the extra touches such as the bathroom lighting fixtures, our velvet headboard our lit artwork in the room! Maybe it didnt have every extra a major hotel has, but it makes up for it with its Bohemian atmosphere!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We had so many mistakes made during this two day stay. We didn't get confirmation without calling back. They had our nights wrong. They tried to leave the charge on our substitute room the same as our river view corner room. They said they would move us the next night. Couldn't find our luggage. Showed us the "fancy" corner room only to see that for $279 you get to look at the wall of the hyatt. Several more mistakes makes this my most miserable hotel stay.

If you do stay here, DON'T stay in any corner rooms. One looks at wall and the other is in elevator hall.

2  Thank GinaDoo
Travelers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Andaz Savannah
#21 of 114 in Savannah
Hyatt Regency Savannah
Hyatt Regency Savannah
#31 of 114 in Savannah

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!