“A bit overpriced but ok.”

The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #28 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I would guess most people staying here would give this great rating. My family and I are more of the bed and breakfast type and we stayed at the Forsyth Inn and wished we had not changed our lodging. More of a personal preference. Not a bad place but overpriced for sure. River new rooms just like any other rooms but with upscale decor. Bathroom was very nice though! My review more reflects my preference but we will most likely not stay here again as we love to travel to Savannah and enjoy the city. Good location if you want to be on Riverfront. Staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tony K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very well designed hotel located on the River in Savannah. Walking distance every where, great staff, great service. It was such a nice place we switched out reservations for Asheville, NC to the Bohemian also!!

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room facing the river, it will be more quiet
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Loved the location on the river, enjoyed the fun rooftop bar. Our room was in the middle of the sixth floor facing the river, and had a very clean, modern bathroom. However, the bedroom was cramped, no chair or reading lamp, just a desk chair, and the room was very dark. It might have been a better experience if we had selected a corner room facing the river with a king size bed. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't select a room with two beds, and ask ahead if there is a reading chair and reading lamps a...
1  Thank jvand00
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear jvand00,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your recent stay at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront! I am pleased to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful along with enjoying our location and Rocks on the Roof.

The corner rooms in the hotel do have a larger seating area. Please let us know your needs, and we will be happy to book you in the right fit. We hope to see you again soon.

Kurt Englund

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I thought it was overpriced. A dog howled all night on Friday night next door. I was not impressed. I think I had my expectations set too high because I had stayed at their sister property many times and really loved it. The valet parking was a nightmare in the rain because of the way it is set up. The property will have to be changed to make it better, otherwise you will just have to risk it because it will always be congested if you are coming in on a rainy Friday night. The bar is too popular and the area is not big enough to hand the flow of traffic.

Room Tip: The higher the level the better the view.
2  Thank Laura S
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you did not totally enjoy your stay with us.

I apologize that you were bothered by a dog in the neighboring room. While we are pet friendly, we do request that the pet owners be responsible.

Also, as we are located in the historic part of Savannah, we do have limitations to our parking entrance and maintain the charm of Factors Walk and River Street. In the event of rain, our staff should have been more proactive in greeting you with an umbrella. I do apologize for your arrival experience.

We would enjoy the opportunity of serving you again on your next trip to Savannah.

At your service,

Kurt Englund

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped by Savannah (as normal) on our annual trip to Sanibel Island, FL. We stayed at this little joint last year and it was unanimous that we wanted to stay here again. It's got a fabulous location -- even if it is a bit tricky to actually find the entrance. :)

The staff and service was top notch -- and the room (an upgraded one) was simply beautiful. We were next to the elevator, but no elevator noise at all.

The only negative is that it IS a bit expensive -- luckily I had Marriott points and used those. Valet parking is $25 / night but worth it I think by not trying to find parking in the heart near the river.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the rooftop bar, the eccletic and lavish rooms, the amazing staff and the great food. We tried to find a spot that was just as hip as this place in Savannah, but we could not! We felt like celebrities. It is so cool to watch the container ships come in from your room or from the bar. Yeah, you get what you pay for. This property delivers on all levels: comfort and the experience. It is worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SCTaz
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel was amazing. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, and attentive...even to our dogs. The room was comfortable, clean, and even though "pet friendly" did not seem to be the kind of substandard afterthought "pet friendly" designated room in other hotels -- one could not tell if a dog had ever been in that room based on its cleanliness. Quiet...even though our room was street level on the Bay Street Side (which I initially thought would be a concern), we were not bothered by any outside sounds and we were undisturbed by neighboring guests. In fact, the room location right on the 4th floor was better for getting the dogs in and out of the hotel. The location of the hotel was perfect -- in the middle of everything and walking distance to most attractions on the riverfront and to the historic district (mornings were spent walking to a quaint coffee shop at Chippewa Square with the dogs).

I can't think I'd want to stay in another hotel when traveling to Savannah because in my mind these accommodations were top-notch!

Rocks on the Roof was a great spot to unwind after checking in...beautiful views with great food & drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bpeeples627
Travelers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
#21 of 115 in Savannah
Hamilton-Turner Inn
Hamilton-Turner Inn
#2 of 115 in Savannah

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!