The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #32 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A trip to Savannah was a gift from my husband. He did his research and we stayed a few floors below the rooftop bar, so noise was not an issue for us. The Bohemian was eclectic and fun: oyster shell chandeliers, ornamental art, funky accessories. I couldn't live in it, but I loved visiting! The staff was warm and helpful, and it was within walking distance to everything. Check out Savannah Bike Tours for a wonderfully historic tour of the city, and the Olde Pink House is one of the best meals I have had in a long time. It was a wonderfully romantic weekend without kids. I would recommend the Bohemian and Savannah for a unique time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Graynick,

We are pleased to hear that your husband gifted you a trip to Savannah and a “terrific” experience at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. Thank you for sharing your comments and recommendation.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Savannah.

Kurt Englund

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My expectations were met with this quaint, quiet , upscale hotel on the riverfront. It was easy walking distance to most sites. Very classy decor. Our room had a great view of river. Rooftop bar very nice with great tapas. Would definetly return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shandraton

Dear Shandraton,

Thank you for sharing your recent Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our quaint hotel and central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return trip to Savannah.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is in a wonderful location with views of the river and easy walking distance from everything you want to see in Savannah. They also have a great roof top bar when you want to take a break from walking about.

The hallways are dark and the decor is clearly intended for a certain taste (but I liked it).

The concierge is not all that useful so do a little research before you get there on what you want to see, do and eat.

Room Tip: The waterfront is lovely to look at so if it is an option take it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Squirreletta1

Dear Squirreletta1,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and the décor.

Your constructive comment has been shared with the Concierge team. If you would like to contact me directly on specifics of how they were not helpful, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak to you. Savannah has a lot to offer, and we strive to be informed for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Savannah, as we would love to be your "Home Base" once again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was perfect for our couple getaway. The rooms were immaculate and quiet, easy walking to all squares, great roof top bar, music and view, very comfortable bedding and the staff was always eager to please. The only issue we had was the concierge misinformed us twice on shuttle times to Tybee. They just seemed less informed then should be, but over the top accommodating, friendly & accessible. We highly recommend the Oglethorpe Tours (with Dave).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Nicole S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. I am pleased to hear it was perfect for your couple getaway!

I will share your comments with the staff, especially the Concierge. I apologize if the shuttle time information caused any inconvenience.

Please keep us in mind for your next getaway to Savannah.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tries too hard to be a hip venue. The rooms have a strange configuration....we were greeted with a view into the glassed bathroom when we entered. Weird chandelier hangs directly over the bed.....with what appears to be sea shells embedded in the faux crystal. The bed was covered with a brown faux fur throw (yes lots of faux here).

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard J,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your stay with us March 2012. I am sorry to hear that you found the hotel “dark and uninviting”.

While the design of the hotel is contemporary with a vintage allure, we also feature unique artful touches such as the oyster chandelier, and other works of original art. Plus, it is our staff that can really provide the warmth and help create amazing experiences.

We would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Savannah and give us another opportunity.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I chose the Bohemian because it was listed as an upscale hotel. I have traveled immensely, and while the decor is 'out there' and unique, my interactions with the hotel are mainly going to be in the hotel room. So let's start there.

The room was small. We are platinum members and are suppose to get a room upgrade. Across the nation, we are treated as frequent guests, treated to an upgrade and concierge service, but not here. When I say small, picture the size of room you used to get back in the day in an old motel room. There is a long desk, two beds, a table for a lamp and a chair by the desk. that is the extent of the room. Our 'historic' view consists of the backside of several large buildings, instead of the river view we requested.

Our room does not have a refrigerator, which surprised us. It is rare to not encounter a refrigerator in any hotel room. The bathroom was big enough but the doors on the shower and the toilet room are blurred glass, so someone quite shy might not want to be viewed sitting on the toilet.

We weren't given a river view, but instead, we told we to be placed on the highest floor. This seemed like an upgrade, as the Ritz put us on the highest floor when we received the upgrade in Atlanta. All this did was place us directly underneath the rooftop bar. All night long well into the sleep hour, the room was virtually vibrating from the loud music. After HOURS of trying to fall asleep, I was then greeted with loud sex coming from the room next door...through the thin walls.

So I guess so far I will say I have not been impressed. I understand this hotel may be limited by the room sizes, but other hotels manage to impress, why can't you? I won't be back and I regret staying here. I have a headache from the lack of sleep.

Review reader...know the price tag is paying for interesting unique decor and river street locale. The room is small, no refrigerator, stay away from the top floor, prepare for thin walls, and lower your expectations if you are a frequent marriott guest.

Room Tip: anywhere except the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Leigh C

Dear dLeighGeorgia,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay.

Our goal is to provide a top level of service and I would enjoy to personally review your experiences to see how we could make it up to you on a future stay. Your experience was not typical of a majority of our guests.

We would like to have you back with us. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a great "babymoon" 2 night getaway from Atlanta for our 2nd child this past weekend. The hotel is exactly where you want to be for a weekend away - we put our car in valet and left it there the entire time. Similar to its sister properties in Asheville, NC and Orlando, FL the Bohemian hotel has a very modern, chic, warm, trendy feel to it - which doesn't remind you of a "chain" hotel experience. The only difference is that the hotel and its rooms are just much smaller than those sister properties.

There is a really convenient restaurant in the bottom of the hotel with an excellent bartender who gave us tons of local tips on places to hit up, and the roof top bar is definitely a place to be seen. Since we were on a "babymoon" we didn't spend too much time up there but the place was packed even in early January which surprised us. Lots of visitors from outside of the hotel will come here and you'll be happy that the elevators require room key access to get to the floors that have rooms. Nice touch - you won't hear either bar from your room.

The only reason I'm not giving this review 5 stars over 4 stars is due to the room size and lack of view if you don't have a river view. The staff was very accommodating to the best of their abilities, but be aware that there are going to be a small handful of rooms with downright bad views - like the one we almost stayed in on the main floor of the lobby that had a view of the valet drop off. We were able to get moved, but if they are sold out you may not get so lucky. The bathrooms are ample sized, but the shower is crazy small. Yes, I was 7 months pregnant but I banged my elbows on the size of walls. Would this keep me from coming back to this hotel? Probably not, but considering the price and new-ness of the property (3 years old and built brand new from the ground up) I thought they could have given another few inches to avoid bumps in the shower.

You will not be disappointed with your chic stay here - just watch yourself in the shower :)

3  Thank TheBelbuts

Dear TheBelbuts,

Thank you for spending your “babymoon” with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased that you found the staff accommodating. As you mentioned, we do offer River views and Historic views. While I am not sure exactly what room you were in, we do have showers of different sizes, even some with a large bath tub. When making your next reservation, please make the request. We will do our best to honor your request.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next escape to Savannah. Best of luck on the new arrival!