“Surprisingly good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canton, Georgia
“Surprisingly good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were a little iffy about staying at a Super 8, but we were trying to be frugal. It ended up being a surprisingly great stay! The room was very nice and very clean. Lots of room, good beds, and quiet. The breakfast wasn't as well stocked as we would have liked, but this was still one of the best hotel rooms we have ever stayed in (and that includes resorts we have stayed at in the past). If you are looking for a good hotel in the Savannah are for a great price, this is the place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Warm Regards
The team at Super 8 Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many Super 8 motels. This one is the best I've seen. The rate was surprisingly low. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and quiet. Obviously, Super 8 is not a luxury chain, but for the money, I think the Savanna Super 8 on Canebrake Road is a great value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on putting forth exactly what you described. A clean, updated hotel that displays excellent service and amenities. Thanks once again for your kind words and please know we value your business. THANK YOU!!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Spacious rooms, you could entertain in if you had people visiting with you. The entire hotel was very clean, staff was friendly. There was a wide variety of food for breakfast i.e. sausage & bisquits, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, bananas, toast, cinnamon rolls & juice. Our first shower was cold bc the hotel was full & we took it at 9am. All other showers over our 3 day stay were very hot. Location good, 15 min from downtown & 40 from tybee island.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

caribbean
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

1st of all , I want to correct the mistaken opinion about no HOT WATER , They have PLENTY of HOT WATER. When i myself was checking this place on trip adviser , i called the Super 8 and asked if they had hot water, twice, i was assured they did. When i arrived i asked again and was given the account of what happened ( hot water gas line had broke during the travellers stay and had to be fixed.) unfortunate but not a normal occurrence.
Room was nice , No Smoking, comfortable bed , good pillows , My room was ground floor ,parking side, No noise !
Approx 20 min to civic center , very easy to get there . ( Note: 1 day I left before normal rush hour, 1 day after normal rush hour. Not sure how long if you leave to go during that time.)
Several good eating places very close (walking distance) Dennys , Perkins, etc.
The room is nice but Basic , The staff was courteous and helpful, wakeup call was on time.
Breakfast is not the best , but i love sausage gravy and biscuit so it was good for me . beside that they had Bananas , muffins , cereal , waffles (you make) etc.
Had a small problem with my card checking out , it would not go through, paid cash and left. You have to roll your own bags in and out. OVERALL: I was OK with my stay , slept good , and had several Hot showers , I would stay there again because it is a good price compared to other places .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. we are pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and. I will share your comments with the staff, and we hope to be able to host you again in the future.

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean with friendly and efficient staff. Breakfast was adequate. Room was comfortable. I was surprised that the hotel did not have a pool, but I should have made sure of that when I booked it.

Room Tip: The location is about 10 miles from the historic district and easy to travel; however, it would have...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel in Savannah, it makes me happy to hear that staff was so sincere to you during your visit and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to get a chance to serve you once again in the very near future.

Griffin, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My little girls enjoyed the room. However, I brought my own cleaner for the shower and did discover that it did need extra cleaning. The furniture could use an occasional steam cleaning as well. Most of the staff were courteous and friendly. My one experience with the first attendant left much to be desired when I was locked out of my room due to malfunctioning keys. I was met with apathy and disregard when I attempted to resolve the matter. Though the technical was resolved promptly, I still perceived that I was being treated as a nuisance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We take all comments very seriously and I’ll certainly communicate with my team about the cleaning and technical issues you experienced to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in future.