“Good Choice Traveling North on 95”
Review of Super 8 Savannah

Super 8 Savannah
Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to assure that I was comfortable. La Quinta is usually a first choice, but the reviews on The Trip Advisor convinced me to try this Super 8. I was traveling with my 17-year old cat and for convenience sake, the receptionist made sure that I had a room on the ground floor next to outside access and a few feet away from my car. This made it so easy to transport kitty and luggage into the room. This is a small point, but frequently key cards don't work in door locks. These work every time! The room was clean and quiet. It would have been good if the refrigerator worked, but I was there for such a short time that I simply filled up my cooler with ice from the ice maker.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The good...
The room was spacious, very clean and well lit. WiFi was on the slow end of the scale.
This hotel has the kind of fan on the heat/cool vent that will stay on continuously to provide a little noise to cover up noise from other rooms or the parking lot.
The bad...
Breakfast was sparse. No skim milk. Did have fruit but no protein items.
The air/heat vent was so close to the bed that it made the bed sheet vibrate all night.
This hotel uses duvet covers for the beds. These are like a thick quilt that rests on the sheet. The problem with this is that with the duvet on you are too hot: with only the sheet, you are too cold. Some hotels that use this system also provide another regular blanket as an option. This one didn't.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am used to thinking of Super 8's as near the bottom of the lot in terms of hotels that are dog friendly. But having read other reviews of this one, I gulped, and with some trepidation booked a room for a night while passing through Savannah. I booked an executive suite for a grand total (with AAA discount) of slightly less than $70, + a $10 per pet fee for the night. I didn't expect much, just hoped that the reviews were correct. Oh boy, were they ever! Huge, spotlessly clean, high ceilings, 32" flat screen HDTV with free HBO, sitting and office area nicely separated from very comfortable King bed in the sleeping area. If I had been traveling without pets and stayed at the usual places where that is not a problem and which have more upscale reputations, I would have spent easily over $100 more for accommodations no better.

Oh yes, did I mention that this is immediately off 95, but still only 20 minutes of easy driving on freeways to downtown historic Savannah?

Room Tip: If with pets: we stayed in 106, which was close to an exit to walk dogs. And, as I wrote above, gre...
1  Thank jbcapecod
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here as it is a Southwest Airlines Rapid Reward hotel and it also got very good ratings on Trip advisor. Pretty newly renovated. It was a very clean large room (we got a king) and we always check for bedbugs and there were absolutely none there! Refrigerator, microwave and a couch, table and desk as well! Highly recommend for a trip along I95. A little far from downtown Savannah (10 min, or so) but we were on our way south to Florida after spending the day there and didnt mind being south, as we were heading that way anyway. Also, while in Savannah that day, we ate at the **Crystal Beer Parlor** in downtown Savannah (301 West Jones St). It was absolutely great (!) for the amazing selection of beers on tap, burgers & salads and the pork nachoes were to die for!

Room Tip: Good for business, a family or couple trip on I95.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Can't believe the great price on this hotel. I had low expectations given the great price but was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, spacious rooms, friendly staff, & terrific breakfast that was included. (loved making my own belgian waffle every morning!) The only down-side I can come up with is that the water pressure on the third floor wasn't great, but not terrible. Overall, very pleasant experience!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Wow what a surprise. Totally clean with no fowl smell. Quality linens. great bathroom. Gym with treadmill, elliptical and bike. Continental breakfast. Very worth the money. We will stay again on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2012

on check in i had a conversation with the desk person who said he had been in my area of the country recently and stayed in a great hotel, it must be different being the host at a hotel and then being a guest at a hotel too, the breakfast was good, everything in the whole place was sparkling clean, nice mattresses! free wifi,

Room Tip: in the back of the hotel it borders on a greenway- saw squirrels playing when i woke up