SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
  • Bar/Lounge
$175
$169
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$72
$214
$200
$189
$141
$132
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
$230
The DeSoto(Savannah)
$189
$151
Preferred Hotels
1,143 results
All reviewsvalet parkingtoilet and sinkgreat locationhistoric districtfront deskspring hillcity marketsliding doorwithin walking distancedesk areagirl scoutsfree breakfastpull out sofasitting areaper dayvisitor's centerthe breakfast area
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed here July 6-9 and had a great visit. The rooms were clean and modern and the beds were very comfortable with high quality linens and pillows. We have a two year old and prefer to stay in suites when we travel because she goes to bed before us. However, these are not two room suites; instead they are rooms with a partial divider to create a separate sitting area. I was aware of this from the website before we arrived, so I wasn't disappointed. The outdoor pool area was great for an afternoon dip and provided some much needed shady relief from the heat and humidity. We had great access to all of the historic sights and never once felt compelled to take a bus or taxi. I have only two complaints: breakfast and soundproofing. All three mornings we were there we headed down to breakfast about a half hour before it closed. It was always completely full and there was no real flow of traffic, so it was hard to access the small buffet area with the breads, toasters, waffles, etc. Also, even though there was still a half hour left of the service, none of the items were being refilled, which was disappointing. We never were able to get any of the hot items as a result. Also, I was disappointed to see that they were using styrofoam plates--paper would just fine for those items and much more environmentally friendly. My second complaint was that we could hear all of the room doors in our hall opening and closing throughout the night, and our next door neighbor's door would cause the wall behind our bed to shake each time. This was only a distraction on one night when there seemed to be a family reunion happening on our floor with a lot of coming and going. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would definitely return. We'll just plan on getting to breakfast sooner.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites Downtown Savannah from July 16-18th for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The hotel staff had great customer service qualities from check in, valet, breakfast, and checkout. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable!
The hotel was within walking distance to all the main historic sites. My only complaint was our first night stay. The room next door was having a party with extremely loud music! I had to call down to the front desk twice. They finally sent an officer up to the room and they quieted down for a little bit. Then at 3am they became noisy again. I went down to the front desk and asked for a new room, they said they were full but would move us the next day, which they did. I got absolutely no sleep the first night and should not have had to pay anything for that night, the noise was completely unacceptable, especially when you spent most of the day driving and you just want to relax. Our second night was much better and quieter, we actually got to sleep. They did wave our parking fee for the 2 days, however I still believe we should have received a discount for Friday night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
StacySturgis, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

poodle814,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful from check in to check out. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you had on your first night and am glad we were able to find you a quieter room the next day. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Stayed here with my family for one night. Our room was nice but the valet damaged our car and then the manager refused to speak to us over the phone because it was his day off. Well, it was our VACATION!!! He would not even speak to Marriott customer care. Do not stay here if you value your car or personal relations. This manager is the worst. It has been 3 days and we have yet to be contacted by him.

Hotels operated 24/7 but this one operates at the leisure of the manager. Beware of his schedule. It may not suit yours...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
StacySturgis, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

thebigappel,

I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. There seems to have been some miscommunication regarding our contact this week. I am sorry about that. I emailed you this morning and have attempted to call you as well. I unfortunately was unable to speak to you on Sunday for personal reasons explained in the email I sent. As far as the incident with your vehicle, I sincerely apologize for this. We have filed an insurance claim and you should be contacted by our representative soon if you have not been already. Unfortunately we have to process claims for vehicle damage through our insurance and are unable to issue cash for repairs as you requested Sunday. I hope you understand that my hands are tied on this. I hope that the refunding of your Marriott Rewards points spent for your stay with us as well as the email I sent will help your opinion of our hotel and that you will consider giving us another shot should you return to Savannah.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was our first time ever staying at a Springhill Suites and this one really set the bar high for other Springhill Suites we will stay at. We stayed here over April Vacation for a couple days, we had come from a couple days in New York City, so this hotel and city was very low key for us. We got a great deal of the Marriott Family and Friends rate, $82 a night, because my cousin works at a Marriott, so obviously the value was great for us. The rooms were very nice and also clean, the bathroom door situation was a little bit odd, but having two bathroom compartments was also very convenient. The breakfast was perfect having just the right food for everyone and the service was also great. The hotel's location was right within walking distance of everything which was nice. Overall, I higly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Redsox3,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed July 10, 2010

We have stayed in Springhill Suites around the country and have always had great stays. This stay was no different. Very conveniently located to river street and walking the historic district. Unfortunately, the heat indices were 108-119 the time we were there so the walking was a minimum. The only problem we had with the stay, was the fact that the city had come to inspect the pool and it was closed for several days. Very inconvenient for the HOT days, but I don't feel it was the hotels fault. Very good breakfast selection, but like most hotels, the area was crammed and crowded. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Trvlmanwv,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry the pool was closed during your stay. Summer is definitely not the time to close a pool in Savannah, but we do have to have it inspected by the city and don't control when they come. Thank you for your understanding on this. I hope you will visit us again soon!