1,188 results
All reviews valet parking toilet and sink great location historic district front desk spring hill sliding door city market within walking distance desk area free breakfast sleeping area pull out sofa visitor's center per day the breakfast area river street
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a good value. The location is walking distance to restaurants and shops on Broughton as well as free public transportation. The front desk staff is outstanding! The room was clean and adequate, not luxurious, but had a refrigerator and microwave. I liked that the toilet was separated from the shower and that there were 2 sinks. There was a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. We were able to park right outside on the street for free after 8PM. The breakfast was the only downside. I enjoyed the free coffee but otherwise I recommend skipping it and going to Clary’s.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Marcus R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

There is nothing like having options! Thank you for choosing us as your first choice. That is very nice of you, and we want you to know we appreciate your support of what we strive to do each day. Please extend us the courtesy of your presence again.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Stayed in this hotel because of its prime location in the heart of Savannah and the reviews on Trip Advisor. The check in process was smooth and I even found street parking instead of paying for the hotel! That night I noticed ants crawling in my room, went down to the front desk requesting a room change and they didn't have any other rooms with a single bed, I didn't want to move into a room with two queens. Stayed in the room with the promise that tomorrow the manager will be in and will look for a new room. Another thing was that the air conditioner blew directly onto the bed - ie on my face which isn't great for any one with allergies. Moved rooms, now the air conditioner id so far from the bed I was sweating. Overall, breakfast wasn't very good - I attribute this to the hotel not having a restaurant attached. Breakfast included oatmeal, powdered eggs, sausage gravy, cereal, danishes and yogurt; basically underwhelming. But every storm passes so positives- the concierge was great and gave great suggestions for things to do and kept office hours. The location is OK, staff was very pleasant and they gave me makeup removing wipes in the bathroom. I wouldnt stay again overall.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Marcus R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Kristin:

I am sorry you found your visit with us disappointing. I understand that feeling when what you want is not delivered. However, I appreciate the fact that you recognize the high caliber of the people element in the building. This is the true essence of hospitality. I hope you allow us to try again on your next visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We visited Springhill Historic Downtown Savannah for one night. We were attracted to its location in the historic district of Savannah.

The hotel was very nice - different from conventional Springhills because of its location. The hotel has valet parking at a price competitive with other local garages.

The rooms were clean and everything you would expect at Springhill. The breakfast was typical of other Springhills as well. The staff was very friendly.

As mentioned earlier, the big attraction for us was the location. After taking a trolly tour to get an overview of the area, we were able to walk to many areas in the historic district. It seemed that nothing was more than a 15 minute walk away.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Marcus R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for showing us such grand appreciation. It is very nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. Please come again!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Booked for the great rate, but was blown away by the service! I wish I would have paid more attention to names, but Darius at the front desk and Nikita who seemed to be literally everywhere you needed her were both incredible. Every single employee was friendly, helpful and genuinely concerned that our stay was perfect. The honeydew infused water at the desk was the cherry on top!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank ny2oh2nc

Wow! What a fantastic read!!!

Thank you so much for recognizing the people inside the building. This is a true accolade and testament to what we strive to do each day. There is nothing grander than appreciation, and we like the way you give it! (sharing with the entire world)

Please come again!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Good location for touring the Savannah historic district. Room rate was attractive however we did experience some issues and disappointments. The staff is professional and the condition of the facility is good. Our room on the sixth floor was generally up to the three star rating and was modern but the free WIFI was not always on and our TV would not receive all the stations without loss of signal at times. The first thing we noticed entering the room was heavy stains on the couch. The King size bed was comfortable and the bath was modern and clean. Breakfast was excellent with a wide selection of choices and nothing old or stale. The breakfast staff kept everything clean and well stocked. The hotel parking should be avoided. The hourly and daily rate is over double that of the excellent public parking deck just two buildings away on Montgomery street.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple