“spacious well designed rooms”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“spacious well designed rooms”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

enjoyed our stay and loved the way the rooms were set up ...pocket doors , desk area with sofa all very nice ...that said,we visited a complete sold out weekend and huge amount of family reunion,wedding and cheerleader competition guests . Huge line for breakfast buffet which we skipped because it was cattle herd at the feed trough. the pool area was rather small and much like "Kid Soup" . The staff did and excellent job considering all that was going on around them .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
montgomery, tx
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was concerned that it might be out of historic square area but turned out to be a good location. Just a few blocks from City Market and the Riverfront. Actually it was in walking distant of everything in the historic area. Clean hotel, very friendly receptionist, concierge was full of helpful information, very nice breakfast. Cons: car park was $20.00 per day and sheets were not changed even though a leg cut bled on the sheets. Cost per night wasn't bad ( averaged $135.00 p/night). A/c was good, beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows and being suites, there was plenty of move around room.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandyMontgomery_Tx
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and were able to walk everywhere you wanted to visit. We do apologize that your sheets were not changed. As a part of our Marriott Brand program, Spirit to Preserve, our practice is to refresh bed linens every third day you are with us unless it's requested we refresh them earlier. We do apologize that our housekeeper did not notice that there had been a cut as the sheets should have been replaced due to that. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Rye, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at the Springhill Suites for a weekend while I was sightseeing in Savannah with my mom and sister. We arrived and gave our car to the valet (there is no self park option at this hotel), which I believe was $20 per night. The check in process was easy, but very hard to hear what the front desk staff was saying. I don't think the lobby was particularly overcrowded and yet it was really loud in there with other guests talking etc... we found this to be the case more often than not in the lobby during our stay.

Our room had a nice layout with a separate living room area when you first walked in with a pull out sofa and desk and then beyond that was 2 queen beds. There was also a separate bathroom for a toilet and sink and a second space for the shower and another sink, which was nice with 3 of us getting ready in the morning. I appreciated the decor in our room and in the hotel in general. The blue-green color scheme and modern finishes were great. I happened to be the one who slept on the pull out couch and that was not comfortable at all. This is expected of a pull out sofa, but it was definitely one of the worst I have slept on. The staff was very accomodating bringing extra bedding to our room quickly upon request.

We took advantage of the small pool and spa area. This was a nice touch to be able to relax after a long day sightseeing. We also took advantage of the breakfast that was included with our stay. It was a basic breakfast in the lobby. Nothing special really, just the usual items.

Overall, this hotel was walking distance to most things in downtown Savannah and did the trick for what little time we spent in our hotel room and for the price we paid. I would not say it was anything above and beyond.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recently staying with us. We are glad to hear our staff was able to accommodate your request so quickly and do apologize that you found the sleeper sofa to be uncomfortable. Should you find yourself in Savannah, we hope you will choose to stay with us once more.
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night and found it convenient (about a 5 block walk to the historic riverfront area) and clean. Room and bed comfortable. Close to restaurants. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was very good and nice selection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here overnight on our way back from Boston to Florida. I had a brand new dress (price tag still attached) from Macy's that I was planning on wearing to my grandfathers funeral that I hung up in the closet. We were in a mad dash to leave because we had to make the drive in two days. It was my own fault that I accidentally left my dress in the closet of our room, but when I called them to ship it to me (which I was willing to pay) the head housekeeper (Candace) told me nothing had been turned in to the lost and found. I politely asked her to recheck the room because maybe they didn't look in the closet. She never called me back. My fiancé called and spoke to the assistant manager Bill Wade who informed him the girls were fighting over who was going to get MY dress!! That shouldn't even happen, that is my property which I am claiming!! He stated that he had mailed it out to us on Monday to Florida where we live. It's been over a week and still no dress!! My fiancé has since called back with no returned phone calls. They finally called back today and started harassing him that there was never a dress and we must've lost it somewhere else. A dress doesn't just grow legs and disappear, I'm sorry, and if he truly mailed it out, it wouldn't take over a week to get to Florida. I told him to check the cameras because it was in my hand when i walked into the hotel and wasn't when I left so you tell me where I probably "lost" my dress. If you stay here, just know you are working with dishonest, untrustworthy people who might claim your property if you accidentally leave something. Customer service or true morals/values does not exist here, so much for southern hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank Tmick11
Northvale, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I had only one full day/2 nights to spend for our first visit to Savannah. Booked this hotel based on reviews and location in Historic District. We found the layout of the room to be fun and modern, with sliding doors to the two-part bathrooms which really maximized the space and made it feel quite open. The day and evening concierges in the lobby were very helpful with making reservations for restaurants and getting us trolley tickets and a shuttle pickup at the door of the hotel, making our short visit very easy and enjoyable. Clean, comfortable and quiet with great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJmbc
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Springhill Suites was a great choice the room was so clean and the bed are soft the best sleep I got ever on a vacation check in went good the breakfast was nice the pool ans spa was so relaxing you are close to restaurants and town we enjoyed the night walk in town and we went and ate this hold trip was wonderful we love it all no dislikes will be back we was late for breakfast call down they told us to come on down thank you for that ....

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your five-star review. We are always so happy to hear when our guests have such a great stay and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Savannah.