SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Beaufort, South Carolina
“No complaints!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a great experience at the SpringHill Suites in the Savannah Historic district! I pulled up, the valet unloaded my bags, the front desk checked me in with no fuss and I made my way to my room. The room was extremely clean and very large. I really wasn't expecting such a sizeable room. I was on the first floor and the room had 12 ft ceilings...or maybe higher. The sofa and desk area were comfortable and the kingsize bed was super comfortable.

I don't normally partake of hotel breakfast buffet but did so in the interest of time during my stay. The spice waffles were really good. the eggs were fluffy and the canadian bacon on the first day was tasty as well. Not so wild about the sausage on the second morning of my stay but that's a personal preference...

I have absolutely no complaints about my stay. Customer service was excellent. Housekeeping did an excellent job. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent two nights this week in Savannah and chose this hotel on recommendation of a niece (who is a Sr Contributor at Trip Advisor). And she was right! The 2 Queen suite with sleeper sofa was large enough to accommodate five of us comfortably. Having separate toilet and bath was a good arrangement as we did not have to wait long. Bedroom and public areas were very clean. Breakfast was very substantial with sausage, eggs, assorted breads, pastries and cereal and a waffle bar. Coffee, and tea was available 24 hours. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Only downside was expensive parking at $18.00/night. Public parking across the street was available at much less but we arrived late and was not able to make arrangements.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cespdelrosario
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay here while in Savannah for the night. The room was very modern and was much better than expected from the pictures. It was a nice modern suite that even had a separate TV and work area to plug in your computer and work (that is if you chose to work). Bed and linens were very comfortable and overall everything was very clean with a nice breakfast in the morning. They do have a valet parking for $18 that we used, I suppose you could park in a nearby parking deck if you chose, but we used the valet. Great walking distance to places of interest in the Historic District. Overall we enjoyed the visit and would definitely consider springhill when in Savannah again.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived on Friday, November 2 at 7:30 P.M. Pulled into valet parking and two guys (one looked like a grizzly bear - very unprofessional) ignored us. I finally got out of my car and asked them if they were valet and they look irritated that I interrupted their conversation. I was going to complain at the front desk but the woman at the front desk was just as rude and unfriendly. When I approached the desk, the phone started ringing and she answered the call and made me wait. When she was done, her attitude was not friendly and barely courteious. The next morning, after my run (I was there for the Savannah Marathon), I was standing the middle of the room about to undress when the maid barged in without knocking to replace towels. The breakfast was tepid and the room is not any different than any other standard hotel room I have ever stayed in -- to call it a suite is laughable. I could hear everything in the room next to us and the sliding doors between the room and toilet offered no privacy at all. I am sure this hotel engaged in some gouging for the Savannah Marathon because they sure do not know how to treat a guest that just dropped $800.00 for a two night stay. Never again and I will tell every single person I know, including my running friends that plan to visit Savannah next November, to STAY AWAY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle J
Saint James City, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Springhill Downtown Hotel with a group of friends on a get-away trip. We were treated royally with helpful, friendly service. The staff was just a pleasure to deal with. Our rooms were spacious, light, and well stocked. The location was so close to the historic sights. All in all, it was a fabulous trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Modern hotel in historic area, clever design, spacious room. I especially liked the sliding barn door style doors on the bathroom and sliding panels that separated the living/office/kitchenette from the sleeping area.
Pool was too cold to use.
Breakfast was only disapointment, very dry bland scrambled eggs every day with inedible beef or turkey sausage. However, the waffle maker was good.
Front desk and other staff were all very friendly and efficient.
Hotel is well located, close to River and all areas of the historic area.
Price was average for the area. B&B's were preferred on this trip but all booked long before we made our plans to visit Savannah.

Room Tip: High floor
2 Thank TDDToronto
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This SpringHill Suites hotel was perfect for us. We spent two nights here and enjoyed everything. The hotel is modern and the interior lobby is clever and crisply clean - if a tad noisy. Our king room with small seating area was perfect. Loved the shower! Was a little worried about interior noise when we first arrived, but were never bothered during the night. We both slept incredibly well, which may also have had something to do with the amount of walking that we did. And the bed was truly comfortable. We always take our own pillows, but the ones on the bed were good.

The location is terrific. The hotel is right on the western edge of the historic district only a few blocks from River St., Bay and Broughton to the North, and the squares to the East and South. It was an easy drive in on Oglethorpe and right into the Valet Parking. The cost is $18 per day which is about normal. We did observe that there is a parking deck next door and someone mentioned that it only costs $6 per day. Might do that next time although the Valet parking worked fine.

Breakfast was okay - just enough variety that even the most picky should be able to find something to nibble on. The concierge was helpful and the desk staff stayed cheerful and informative when we stopped to ask a question.

We love to visit Savannah and this will be the hotel of choice for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel face the city - probably a better view than the back although as the...