SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #39 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and i stayed here for the first time. This was also our first trip to this beautiful city and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel is just minutes walking distance for downtown, sights, shops. The room felt like i was in a house, cozy but spacious. Extremely clean, except for one little stain on a pillow, which gave me a bit of a creepy feeling. Other than that, the stay was amazing. We got up in the morning and breakfast was served. I must admit it was one of the best breakfasts i've had. Filling, delicious and abundant. Excellent job.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Springhill suites hotel is a very good value. It is conveniently located in Savannah's historic district. The room was large enough to accommodate 4 people comfortably, two adults and two large teenagers. The front desk clerks were cheerful and pleasant. The breakfast buffet included make your own waffles and turkey bacon as well as the standard breakfast buffet items. I will stay at this hotel again when I visit Savannah.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MAHALOGAL
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this hotel for a few reasons, price, location & it can accomidate my family of 5. This hotel is located within a few blocks of the Market area and an easy walk to just about anywhere else you might want to get to. If you have health issues that prevent you from walking distances then maybe this isn't a good choice for you. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean and modern, breakfast was included (standard hotel selection), pool and hot tub were outside. Our room was very comfortable a sitting area (sleeper/sofa) with desk and 2 queen beds gave us plenty of room. Locaton was quiet from outside noise. There were only 2 negatives I had. The scrambled eggs in the morning were not good, I think they were powdered eggs and upon check out you have to check your bill. We opted to go to the visitors center and pay $12 for the 48 hour parking pass and we didn't use valet parking. After walking out and looking at my bill a little closer we were charged for valet parking. I had to go back in for them to remove this charge. I did read in other view prior to our visit that this isn't the first time this has happened to a customer. Overall I was pleased with this choice. I would come here again without hesitation.
As a side note the 48 hour parking pass allows you park in most lots, garages and metered area's. You can move your car as many times as you want. The only negative is that we arrived on a Saturday and after paying for this we found out that metered parking is free on weekends.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room request one. I did and it was very quiet on the first floor away from the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jamann
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was excellent from the moment we arrived until the moment we left! The service was wonderful, from the front desk to the concierge to the valet. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We wanted to take a tour of Savannah, so we talked to the concierge and she arranged everything for us and even got us a discount on tickets. Later that evening we asked the concierge about dinner and she was able to get us reservations at Lady & Sons (Paula Deen's restaurant). The hotel is very modern and clean and is in a great location. You can walk to many places in the historic district, so once you check in you don't need your car in order to explore all of the great historical places in Savannah. The hotel also has a free breakfast that was very good. The price of this hotel is VERY reasonable...for the location and amenities, this place is a steal! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our very brief stay in Savannah. It was wonderful. Room was really nice. Since there were 4 adults, we loved the separate shower/sink area and toilet/sink area. Made getting ready so easy for us. The room was clean and bright, very enjoyable. The staff was really nice. Concierge made arrangements for our trolley tour and reservations at lady and Sons for our dinner. Hotel location makes it easy to walk to where you want to go. Breakfast buffet was really good, too. Just cannot believe how nice the hotel was and the location for the price we paid! What a bargain! It was a senior rate but less than $100 for the night! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Savannah!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

SOUTHERNLICIOUS is my definition of a Great Hotel with a Great Value and Great Food! I enjoyed the SpringhHill Suites in Downtown Savannah for a short business trip mixed with a little pleasure. I am a Marriott reward member and try to stay at a Marriott whenever I travel for business or pleasure or a combination of both. I booked online with the advance payment option to receive additional savings. The hotel allowed for an early check in. I stayed in a King bed suite with contemporary decor. The room was spacious however the powder room had an unknown dripping noise we were able to tolerate it by keeping the pocket doors closed. The room was located near the elevator and my profile clearly state "no rooms" near elevator lucky for us no large groups were staying in the hotel during my stay. i did appreciate the early check-in but did not appreciate the lack of considerations in my client profile on room preference. The hotel offered a pool, whirlpool and workout room. I took a dip in the whirlpool after my business meetings to relax. To avoid the valet fees - I did purchase the City Parking pass at the Visitor's Center and was able to park at several garages and at 1 hr or more parking meters throughout the city. I was able to park my car at the meters in front of the hotel during my stay Note: The parking meters were free after 5:00 p.m. (visit Savannah's Visitors website to plan your trip accordingly) The FULL FREE HOT breakfast buffet was awesome and the breakfast staff brought the southern hospitality and smiles to complete your meal. Paula Deen's restaurant did not live up to my expectations but my southern soul food hunger was fulfilled by dining at the Sisters in the New South Cafe this little restaurant beats Lady and Son's hands down and was half the price. I was born and raised in the South so I know good food when I taste it. I took in a few tours and enjoyed my journey at the the Civil Rights Museum. Savannah is rich in a lot of history and this hotel is a great choice for any vacation and/or business trip. I will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business you may want to call ahead to make sure no large kid groups are bo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ConyersGapeach
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed @ this particular location back in Feb. Everything went well w/ our stay as far as location of hotel, clean rooms, etc. The problem we had was w/ the staff. We handed our vehicle over to Valet (which we had to pay extra for) and the next day we decided to venture a little further so we had valet bring our car around to us. While we were parked and getting ready to go another guest knocked on our window and let us know our tire was completely flat. We let the Valet know this bfor moving vehicle and we did an incident report. We left and had to spend most of the day trying to find someone to repair or replace tire. When we returned we spoke to manager and he did nothing about it and said it wasn't his problem and that it was prbly already that way when we came. We arrived the evening bfor and our vehicle has a sensor on it that will alert us if a tire is even low and never had any alert of any sort when we took it to valet to park when first arriving to check in. They didn't even let us know when they brought it out of garage that our tire was even flat, it was another guest who did. We are reasonable ppl and wasn't asking to get free stay or something outrageous just to have the cost of tire repair reimbursed since it was in their care when it happend. They didn't even credit us the cost they charged for Valet. There was never any remedy for this situation nor was there any attempt on their part. We would of stayed again in the future if they would of handled the situation better as we make regular trips to Savannah.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple