“What a great place”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Highly recommend this place! Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean and very modern. Not to far from River Street and City Market. Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LovesTheBeach222
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

LovesTheBeach222,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit again soon!

Lee Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I liked this hotel. It is new, modern and comfortable. Centrally located and easy to find.
Just be aware of the valet parking i.e. check your bill at the end of your stay to be sure they did not “By Mistake” bill you for a valet ($15) that you may not have used.
A quick note for my fellow traveler, I am a Gold Elite Member with Marriott, besides the JW, Ritz, and the Autograph collection, “Springhill Suites” is my first choice for a Marriott hotel, especially during multi-city road trip.

Room Tip: Highly Recommended
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TOURtheWORLDMexPal
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

TOURtheWORLDMexPal,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for the mistake regarding your valet charge. The desk agents do ask whether guests are parking a car with us at check in, but I will make sure they are noting it on the reservation to avoid this issue.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stayed here for one nite, during my 3 day trip to the area. Hotel is reasonably priced but you get what you pay for. Checkin was easy. Went to room to check it out. While room is large, was not a fan of the bathroom set up, with a separate tub/sink and toilet/sink rooms. Doors to those areas were sliding doors and they were situated right in front of the beds. Very limited privacy. Room was clean, but there were stains on the carpet which was annoying. Used pool area in evening and pool was full of bugs. Free breakfast was included and had numerous options. My biggest complaint is the lack of wi fi in the rooms. The hotel is also situated away from the major attractions.

Room Tip: No wireless Internet in room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dolphin5518,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay. I am sorry the layout of our rooms did not meet your expectations. Guests typically love our double bathroom layout as it makes it easier and faster for rooms with multiple guests to get ready and get out to see the city. I apologize for the carpet stains. We do our best to keep our hotel looking new, but wear and tear does happen. We will definitely keep a better watch on pool cleanliness in the evenings as the lights do attract bugs. I hope you will give us another chance to wow you if you return to Savannah.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was super excited about my stay here. It was modern and within walking distance of city market. The concierge was very helpful and friendly with getting us bargain tickets and helping with tour reservations. I was sad I had to check out after 1 night of stay there. The bed in my room was horrible. It was the cheapest mattress you could find and I could even feel the coil slings in it. When I went downstairs at 5:30 am after little sleep the clerk offered to switch rooms. I did and low and behold it was the same mattress. I loaded all my stuff inti a 3room with the same cheap matress. At this point there was a new clerk who didn't offer up any new rooms so I checked out. I am a platinum with Marriott for over 5 years and have stayed over 300 nites with Marriott. I try to stay exclusive with them but on my next visit I might forgo the stays and points and stay someplace comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank shamrockjulie
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

shamrockjulie,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I am glad you loved the hotel and found the staff helpful! I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our beds. It is very rare that we receive complaints on our mattresses. Our guests are almost always pleased with the good night's sleep they experience while with us. I am sorry you were unable to comfortably rest here and hope you were able to find a hotel that suited your needs.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We (4 girlfriends & I) stayed at Springhill Suites the 2nd weekend in June and absolutely loved it!! The hotel was up to date, very nice lobby, free continental breakfast & we received excellent service. The location was GREAT & easy to walk to everything! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay downtown & wanting a location that's an easy walk to everything. Only bummer is the $15/day valet parking.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

SarahSpenceB,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your girls' getaway in Savannah and your stay with us! I apologize for your disappointment in our valet rates. I assure you they are right in line with the other hotels in the Historic District. Due to limited space, all parking for many hotels is underground and we depend on our valet department to take care of your vehicle as well as show great customer service as they are the first faces you see here!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

The hotel's staff was friendly, the rooms were modern and the location was excellent. The hotel's concierge staff were knowledgeable and courtesy even when our toddler was being a distraction. Would definitely recommend this hotel for budget conscious travelers and families.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Luvlife_family
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed the property and the location. We hope that you are able to come back to see us again soon! Please “like” us on facebook or follow us on twitter@stayinsavannah.com so that you can see the specials and promotions that we offer to help you plan your return trip! Thanks again! Lee Smith, General Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed here on May 26 and were very impressed! The staff went out of their way to make sure all was well with us from checkin to checkout. This included a maintenance person on the elevator with us. We enjoyed the layout of the room and would gladly stay there again for a longer period of time. Very clean and great bed! You can walk through the historic district of the city easily from this location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit! Our staff works hard to make you feel “at home”, while visiting our city. We hope to see you again soon! Lee Smith, General Manager