“A new Georgia favorite”
Review of Sandfly BBQ

Sandfly BBQ
Ranked #119 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We love making awesome BBQ and we love friendly customers!
Description: We love making awesome BBQ and we love friendly customers!
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Driving through Savannah, we wanted a good BBQ place, the real thing. We found the Sandfly BBQ joint after checking Trip Advisor. It's in an out of the way strip mall that I can safely say we never would have found had it not been for TA.

It's the best kind of place, a kind of little hole in the wall with lots of cute little pigs on display. You order at the counter and then can eat outside, get it to go or sit at one of the half a dozen tables inside. The BBQ was delicious. Living in VA for 25 years, we've been to so many BBQ places that all claim to be the best but Sandfly was truly one of the best we've had.

I had a pulled pork plate with baked beans and some of the best potato salad I've eaten. I'm somewhat of a potato salad snob and am very picky. You get your choice of three sauces that were all very good, although I still am not used to the vinegar based one. We got a lot of food for the money, were filled up and have since stopped a couple more times.

1  Thank Yorkiemom19

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It is wonderful to know if you look at Trip Advisor and the recommendations of people who care enough to share their experiences that you will be guided to the best restaurants.

This BBQ is in a strip mall and is definitely a neighborhood BBQ. When we arrived we were told the ribs were going to be finished in about 10 minutes, but they were ready by the time we got our drinks and sat down.

The aroma is everything I had wished for and the taste and sauce were wonderful. The meat fell from the bone and I felt so fortunate to have discovered this gem. They had cokes I the bottle, which is a rare thing for me to find.

We were also lucky enough to arrive about 10 minutes before the restaurant was totally filled with many happy customers.

Even though this restaurant is about a half hour from town, give it a try; it is totally worth it.

1  Thank Courtrep
Reviewed May 13, 2013

BBQ appears to be something that every state or resident in America claims to own or know the best place ever. I have heard this discussion several times and the passion exhibited convinces me to stay well clear of that particular subject and submit this review as an unitiated BBQ newbie.
My wife and I ended up here with a local and for lunch. Absolutely loved the atmosphere, the tables with sauces and paper napkins in chromed holders etc. Reminded us of places seen in films of 50's. The girls taking orders were friendly and helpful. We had a lot of fun reading through the menu chalked up on the large board and choices made included pulled pork with collard greens and fried okra; yummy and filling. Brunswick stew; delicious. My wife played safe with a chicken salad which was judged to be excellent.
We enjoyed the whole place and the new experience but we also know what good quality, delicious, well cooked food is and this place has it!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Been twice in the last 3 weeks. Did lunch and super. Lunch was better. Fresher. The supper was after 7 and it was not as good......but it's the best Q I've found in Savannah.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Finding Sandfly BBQ made me glad we rented a car for our stay in Savannah! This place is about a 20 minute drive from the waterfront area, but so worth it. The service is fast and very friendly, you can sit in or outside and the pulled pork was delicious. Luckily they sell their signature mustard based sauce so I could bring this memory home!