“Great little BBQ joint”
Review of Sandfly BBQ

Sandfly BBQ
Ranked #133 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We love making awesome BBQ and we love friendly customers!
Description: We love making awesome BBQ and we love friendly customers!
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant is non-descript from the outside, tucked into a little strip mall in Sandfly. When you step inside, it is pure retro. Like an old diner from the 50's. The menu is on a chalk board and you order pulled pork, smoked sausage, brisket, ribs, chicken or stew, with a list of southern sides. In a small fridge to the left is a fridge and you can help yourself to a beer. You order at the counter and then go into the small dining area where they bring you your food. The dining area has booths and lots of old license plates on the wall and old pics of Elvis and other oldies stars. They bring you your food on plastic or paper baskets. Three sauces are on the table. We ordered the hog wild platter to give each of us a taste of their main features. It came with two small sides. While we split it for lunch, I would say that the portions weren't that big and for a bigger appetite you shouldn't count on splitting this platter. The food was delicious! At the top of the list was the smoked sausage - the best sausage I have ever tasted. I also really liked the fact that the pulled pork wasn't already smothered in sauce. You could choose whatever sauce you wanted to add to it but it was just plain pulled pork and I was much happier to receive it this way. All the food was absolutely delicious. This is a quick dining experience and well suited for lunch or a fairly quick dinner. Highly recommend.

5  Thank Esme C

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The pulled pork is great. It is the perfect place to go to when a person wants some good barbecue. The staff is also nice. The service is pretty good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We eat here a lot. The bbq is always fresh. The sweet potato fries are good. Service id quick. Price I s good.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am a Barbecue eater, raised in Georgia and have had barbecue from here to Albuquerque. This is hands down the best I have ever had! Eat the Hog Wild platter for a test of all of them (my wife and I share).

Worth the trip off of the beaten Savannah path!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Savannah has several BBQ restaurants and we feel this is the best. I have had the pulled pork, pork ribs, and beef brisket. Brisket can be sliced or chopped at your request. Sides I have tried are fried okra, baked beans, and green beans- all very well seasoned. Order at the counter, get your drinks, sit down and wait for your meal to be brought to you. When you're done clean your table. Service and food are very consistent, we've been dining here for the past year and each time has been great. I think the brisket is some of the best I have ever had- tender and properly smoked. BBQ sauces are at the table- sweet, hot (not very), and mustard based.
Definitely worth a visit.