“Just what the Dr ordered”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Water Spa

Sweet Water Spa
Ranked #5 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique, cozy, quiet respite that appeals to all the senses welcomes you from the pressures of the day. Sweet Water Spa offers Venice elegance with the aclaimed hospitality of the beautiful City of Savannah. We offer a wide range of services, from massage, natural nails, shellac, waxing, microdermabrasion, body treatments, and more.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just what the Dr ordered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My daughter and I treated ourselves to an aroma therapy massage. They were spot on time and the therapists were amazing. I would deffinately go there again when I'm in town

4 Thank Scadmommy

McDonough, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Cautious”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

A girlfriend and I went to this spa on a girls trip and I have to say I would be cautious. First of all we got there and we waited 20-25 minutes before they took us in to have our massage. Our therapists were very nice and the massages were okay but my problem was with the lateness of getting us started and then the person in charge was rushing us around when we were not the ones running late to begin with. Then when we got ready to check out she charged me 20.00 more than what was advertised on the website. She pulled out a price sheet and said this is the price. I pulled up the website on my phone and showed it to her and she said that was there old website and they would not honor the price shown on the old website. Well, i'm sorry ... regardless it is bad business not to honor a price that is still on a website of yours regardless if it is old or new. If it's old get rid of it!!!! I just think it's bad business to handle a situation that way!

Visited July 2011
8 Thank brandie c
Somer p, Owner at Sweet Water Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I know this review is from 2011 but I still feel like it deserves a response and a resolution if that is possible.

I am so sorry you didn't have a better experience with us, Brandie. It saddens me to read unhappy reviews. After all, the business we are in is the business to please and make people feel better than they did when they came in.

Under no circumstance is it acceptable for a therapist to make a client wait for 20-25 minutes for their scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, sometimes this does happen and we regret when it does. Under my management the client would have been offered a generous discount for the inconvenience or another service at no charge. I also completely agree with you about, "it is bad business to not honor the price shown online". If there was an issue with getting the old website down then clients should have been notified of that when calling to schedule, and redirected to the new site. This would be especially imperative if the receptionist was aware of a recent price change on the service requested. I was not here at the time you received your services. I did not take over management until almost 2012, so I can not speculate as to why the price you saw was not honored; especially considering the therapists were so late. I would like to offer for you to come back and give us another chance free of charge. I hope to hear from you soon!
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing retreat after a week of walking around the city!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was do happy with my visit to Sweet Water Spa. I had the body and sole package that included a massage, reflexology and an amazing pedicure. I was with someone who had the same package and we both agreed that this place was an oasis. My companion said this was the best massage and pedicure of her life. This is not the place to go if you want to be rushed thru. They take thier time and give you quality work. The only minor complaint I have is that the ok'd historic building tends to run a bit hot. The window units they use need to be cranked up a bit. Other than that I am very happy with what we paid for the services received and the day we had!

3 Thank shamrockjulie
Rogers, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Massage and the staff rocked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Sweet Water Spa is a great little place! It is very relaxing and the staff was great. My massage therapist (can not remember her name) was awesome. I had the Swedish massage with a pedi. Heather did the Pedi and was totally amazing! It was the best pedi I have had! I wish she was in Arkansas! Also her nail art ROCKS! Linda the office manager was a hoot and also made the visit a awesome experience. Ladies "Thank You" for a awesome experience!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank PatB48
Savannah, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Staff needs to work on professionalism”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I recently had a massage and facial at the Sweet Water Spa. It sounds crazy to describe a day at the spa as a stressful experience, but Sweet Water made that possible. The ambiance of the waiting area was very nice and relaxing. I had a very warm welcome and was offered a glass of wine. Things seem to be going great at this point. Then it took a turn for the worse. My therapist met with me and was inquiring if I wanted to upgrade to a deep tissue massage. I informed her that I do not like deep tissue massages, and would prefer the swedish massage that I requested. She was fine with that and we headed upstairs. The area where I was getting a massage was not a room. It seemed like a part of a hallway or parlor that was converted into a room. They used some sort of scaffolding and linens to convert it into a room. However, the "door" was clamped closed with a binder clip. It was gaping open at the middle which was sort of uncomfortable when getting undressed. Additionally, I could hear everyone coming in and out of the area. I even got a visit from the mailman dropping off mail for the upstairs neighbor...awesome! The thereapist did a great job on the massage. However, she talked the whole time. You come to a spa to relax and unwind. Not hear how your therapist dislikes Savannah, religious views, and how she has to deal with drama with the other therapists. She even went so far as to describe my job as "icky" because I have to work at a computer all day long. About half way through she did tell me that if I didn't want her to talk during the massage to just let her know. I don't feel like I should have to ask her to please be quiet during my massage. She did do a wonderful job on the massage. However, they really should leave personal problems and opinions at the door. Then I move on to the facial portion of my relaxing day at the spa. The lady who did my facial was very nice. It would have been nice to have some sort of explaination of what she was doing to me. I tried to ask her questions along the way, but she did not elaborate very much. She did point out everything I am doing wrong with my skin. She smelled like cigarettes, and that sort of took away from the whole spa ambiance. The room where I had the facial was really cluttered and didn't seem clean. The spa has potential b/c it is in a great location in Savannah and the lobby area was very relaxing.. They really need to work on the professionalism. This is the second time I have been to this spa in the last 3 years. I had a similar experience the first time. I had high hopes that they made improvements. It seems like it was worse. I got my things and got out of there as fast as possible. I will stick with Savannah Day Spa.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank ADP059
Eurotravel48, Owner at Sweet Water Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
As an owner, of course I am always devastated when a staff member is not professional. We do have a code of behavior. As new contractors are hired we educate them on great customer relations but at times even though a contractor is superb at the quality of the service, at times a contractor might not excercise good judgement in communication or the contractor is unable to determine what is appropriate. Good behavior comes from upbringing. It is impossible for an owner to be in the room with each contractor while a service is being done. If we do find out that a contractor is bringing personal issues, talks to clients while providing services or is impolite, usually the contractor has three chances to change the behavior or they are terminated. Unfortunately it is the most difficult issue of all to try to convince contractors that people want to relax not listen to personal information. This happens at all spas nationwide. We try to stay on it, trust our contractors and make the situation right with the clients. In every spa, unfortunate things happen but thank God, these things do not happen often. Nikki, Owner