“Awesome place-Deer-Racoons-Squirals-beautiful Views”

Ranked #77 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This site's 2,765 acres consist of saltwater marshes and opportunities for a variety of activities including hiking, fishing, hunting and bicycling.
Savannah, Georgia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Awesome place-Deer-Racoons-Squirals-beautiful Views”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been going here for years for the great views, I used to drive my parents here before they passed away. Now my wife, son, and I drive here early in the morning and late at night to see deer, and other animals here. We often go for long walks here, its very peaceful, and very pretty. My only complaint is the hours its open, I wish they were open more. Any come visit and TAKE A WALK!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank icy61

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful spot, full of wildlife”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A wonderful spot, devoid of people but full of wildlife (alligators, turtle, wood stork, a bald eagle, many vultures) and beautiful woods. Free of charge. A four-mile circular drive with plenty of walks and sights on the way round. A highlight of any holiday if you're patient and like wildlife spotting. No pets allowed. Wish we'd cycled round instead of driving.

2 Thank DESow
Wild Wild West
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Wildlife Galore”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I could have spent hours here, it was so beautiful. There's a paved path that runs along one side of the largest pond, and we saw more alligators in the pond than we could count. The smaller ones were on the shore only a few feet from the path, and we could see larger gators on some islands in the pond. I would definitely recommend bringing a nice pair of binoculars and a nice camera with a large telephoto lens.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank YoungBucky
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“went fishing”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

me and my 2 friends years ago went fishing on the barbour river there.seen dolphins,pelicans,oyster cages on the sides,caught shark,carfish,stingray from a cruiser boat.

1 Thank John H
Spartanburg, SC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Not worth the drive”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I visited 3 parks while in Savannah, and this one was my least favorite of the bunch. Probably because it took the longest to get to (45 min-1 hours from downtown Savannah). It didn't seem worth the drive. I was really hoping for more natural, woodsy trails, but most of the ones in Harris Neck are paved and in direct sunlight (very little shade to be had--beware if it's hot out). The trails are also so far from the ponds themselves that you can't really get a good view of them or of the surrounding wildlife. I wouldn't go here again. If you are in Savannah, I would choose Skidaway Island Park or the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge--both are closer and have much nicer trails. And also, as a footnote, the bathroom facilities (the port-o-johns) were not kept up and there was no toilet paper in any of them.

Visited May 2012