“Southern gentleman gives informative tour with wit and humor.”

Savannah Dan Walking Tours
Ranked #10 of 149 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a leisurely stroll through Savannah's picturesque squares with a Southern Gentleman. Or take a private carriage tour with up to four adults! Hear the history of Savannah in the language of the South. See churches and Southern mansions dating back to the 1700s! You'll visit scenic locations used by Hollywood's movie industry. See where Forrest Gump sat on the bench waiting on the bus. Get the inside buzz on local restaurants and night spots and enjoy Savannah like a local. Only Two tours daily with limited space.
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent tour. Savannah Dan is knowledgeable and very entertaining. I enjoyed his many anecdotes. The walk was a great pace. We covered much of the downtown area.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a wonderful way to see and learn about the history and culture of Savannah. Dan is engaging, interesting and very knowledgeable. We also took a trolley tour but I'm glad we took this tour - it was a highlight of our trip!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I booked Savannah Dan the night prior to our trip. Dan only excepts cash which you pay at the end of your 2 hour walking tour. Walking is easy, appeared every one had no problem keeping up. We had about 24 people ion the 10 am tour. My husband and I usually will do a walking tour in various cities overseas, with college age guides and most of those on the tour are much younger than us. So we are accustomed to a faster pace and more miles on a tour. Not complaining just saying most people will have no problem keeping up and will have a great time with Dan.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Some people have suggested that Dan is cheesy, but I didn't find that at all. He's a good-natured, energetic storyteller and guide. We started our visit to Savannah with his tour, and went back to many of the things that we'd visited along the way, and some of the restaurants that he recommended. Definitely the best introduction to Savannah.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A walking tour is the perfect way to experience Savannah and Savannah Dan is the perfect guide for a tour! Any walking tour in savannah has the potential for greatness with the beautiful sights and abundant history best seen on foot. The thing that will set a tour apart is the guide and I believe Dan was the perfect tour guide. He was knowledgeable, entertaining, engaging, humorous, charming and fun! We learned a bit of history, architecture and culture as we listened to the stories and anecdotes Savannah Dan shares as we strolled through beautiful squares, streets and a church. I really enjoyed this tour and would definitely recommend the Savannah Dan tour!! Try to schedule the tour when you first arrive so you can get your bearings. A walking tour is much better than the trolley since Historic savannah can be walked all around quite easily so skip the bus and slip into some comfy shoes for a pleasant stroll.