“Great walking tour”

Savannah Dan Walking Tours
Ranked #6 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a leisurely stroll through Savannah's picturesque squares with a Southern Gentleman. Or take a private carriage tour with up to four adults! Hear the history of Savannah in the language of the South. See churches and Southern mansions dating back to the 1700s! You'll visit scenic locations used by Hollywood's movie industry. See where Forrest Gump sat on the bench waiting on the bus. Get the inside buzz on local restaurants and night spots and enjoy Savannah like a local. Only Two tours daily with limited space.
U.S.A.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dan was very knowledgeable and friendly! Do this tour first to familiarize yourself with the historic district and get some great recommendations on restaurants as well!

Visited January 2013

Indialantic, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“History comes alive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We have done a couple of tours in Savannah before, but this has got to be my favorite. Dan is entertaining, engaging, and humorous when regaling the history of Georgia and his beloved Savannah. He loves this city and it shows the way he speaks of it like a dear friend. We brought my my 13 year old, who was as enthralled with Dan's storytelling as the rest of us. If you only have time for one tour, I would recommend this one.

1 Thank hoksi
PEMBROKE PINES
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Enlightening & Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I had done this tour on our last visit to beautiful Savannah in 2009, and because we enjoyed it so much, decided to book it again, this time accompanied by our two, young adult children (who are not really into historical events!). I promoted the tour to them, noting that Dan is a gifted story teller and real Southern gentleman, but wasn't sure how they'd respond. Well, two hours later (that's the tour's length), my expectations and hopes were confirmed. Walking around the gorgeous squares of historic Savannah, we all agreed that Dan seems to make the seemingly antiquated come alive, and even causes you to possibly rethink what you've been traditionally taught in school (not, however, in an undermining fashion). He truly is a gifted, animated and well-researched story teller, and that genuine Southern drawl enhaces the auditory experience. His tour is informative, entertaining, humorous, thought-provoking and, for practical purposes, even-paced (yes, it's a walking tour and you do cover a fair piece of real estate, but one even seniors in decent shape can enjoy) and easy on the wallet ($15 per person). He takes time to answer questions and gives valuable advice on places to eat, other things to do in Savannah, etc.). Whether you've been to this lovely city before or even taken some kind of tour prior, I'd still strongly recommend Dan's walking tour, especially as an introduction. Thumbs Up!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank CubaLibre1970
chicago, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“most delightful and informative walking tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We absolutely loved Savannah Dan, a police officer turned tour guide in the historic district of Savannah. He was captivating, knowledgeable and his love for this charming city was evident and infectious. His historical narration was weaved with anecdotes, richly portrayed personalities, and recommendations of where to go, what to see, and where to eat. It was a pleasure walking with him and he kept everyone's attention with his interactive, friendly, and humorous accounts. We highly recommend doing the tour with Dan. it was the highlight of our sty in Savannah.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank tamartravel
Tampa, Florida
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A must do for any visit to Savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

You start the tour by meeting Dan in one of the many squares in the city. Dan is hard to miss in his seersucker suit and hat... He's also 6'5". Beyond Dan's impressive appearance is his vast knowledge of the city's history. Dan captures your attention throughout the walking tour, he is a masterful storyteller. I suggest you arrange your tour at the beginning of your visit because you will get great tips on places to visit or eat Dan suggested the Olde Pink House and their crispy scored flounder - I immediately got on my smartphone and used Open Table to reserve a table for the next night. It was a great tip and a dinner that will bring me back to Savannah.

Visited November 2012