“An enjoyable tour...”

Ranked #16 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace is Savannah's first Registered National Historic Landmark. Enjoy a guided tour, tracing the arc of Juliette Gordon Low's life and the Movement she founded that continues to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“An enjoyable tour...”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The tour was informative, the staff friendly, and the home was beautiful. Worth the time and effort to see.

Scotland, South Dakota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An amazing place”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Being a lifelong Girl Scout, this has been on my list for a long time. I finally got to go and had the pleasure of taking some high school Girl Scouts with me! For Girl Scouts, the Special Interest Sessions are worth your time. We did the art one and Victorian Supper, both of which were more interesting than I anticipated. I wish I could have seen some of the upcoming sessions being developed for the 100th Anniversary in 2012, as those promise to be just as wonderful.
The tour itself is also wonderful. The opportunity to learn about not only Juliette but her entire influential family is phenomenal. An excellent stop and well worth the time, especially for the nominal entrance fee if one is taking exclusively a tour.

1 Thank laurab4331
Huntington, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of tour of historic homes in Savannah, GA.”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Of all the homes we toured in Savannah, this was our favorite. The woodwork of the staircase was magnificent. Our guide was very informative not only of Juliette's family and history but also of the furnishings: the Irish harp, the friendship guilt, the artistic creations of Juliette, the magnificent chandaliers and more. She welcomed questions and amused us with historical tidbits. Elevator access was provided for those who needed it so all parts of the tour was available to all. We especially enjoyed the well-kept garden. The pictues we took from the garden of ourselves on the porch will be a cherished momento of this gracious tour.

3 Thank Harold48_10
Pearland, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Daisy's House”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This summer my Girl Scout troop took a trip to Savannah, GA. There was alot of debate about whether or not to do one of the sessions offered to Girl Scouts at Juliette Low's Birthplace. In the end we decided to do Fashion, Fabric, and Frills. This was probably one of the best decsions we made. I believe doing a special Girl Scout session at the house is really unique. Even if the girls in your troop are not sure about whether or not to sign up for a session, I highly reccomend it. I feel like they boost your experience to the next level. We also did the Victorian Supper specially designed for older Girl Scouts. The food provided by Mrs. Wilke's Boarding House was fabulous. We dressed up in period costume and learned victorian manners. The supper was the perfect end to a perfect day. Even if you choose not to sign up for the special interest sessions (but I really think you should) the house is beautiful and filled with history. This is definately a must see in Savannah.

1 Thank Bunny1018
Waterloo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well-Preserved and Beautiful House to See”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I had no idea about the Girl Scouts of America when I went there, but still, I enjoyed the brief tour and the beautiful house.
No photographs are allowed inside the house.
It is a beautiful 18th-century house with Victorian style furniture and decor. The tour talks about Juliette and her family. I think it tells a very inspiring story.

2 Thank monkeybutt88