“Beware the Banister!”

Ranked #13 of 220 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace is Savannah's first Registered National Historic Landmark. Enjoy a guided tour, tracing the arc of Juliette Gordon Low's life and the Movement she founded that continues to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great tour if you were a Girl Scout! Ask the tour guide about the 80 y/o lady who rode the banister down. Please do not attempt. This is a beautiful home that is well preserved. Don't touch, just enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My daughter and I recenlty visited Savannah for her 30th birthday. She and I were both girl scouts so we had to visit "Daisy's" house. The house is a fine tribute to this outstanding woman and her legacy. The tour was very informative and there are many original artifacts left that belonged to the family and to Juliette Low. She was also a fine artist and there are many examples of her artwork and sculpture. it was great to see "a new generation" of girl scouts touring as well.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

...that the founder of the Girl Scouts was such a dynamic person. Juliette Gordon Lowe offered so much more to the society that surrounded her. An excellent and informative tour.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I only rated this a 3 but I am a guy and I only went for my wife. Very interesting! Nice tour and history that I was unaware of. A lot of people go through here, with many devoted, elderly girl scouts.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went on National Museum Day & had free tickets for this home. They did make a few $’s from me in their gift shop! As a former scout, I enjoyed hearing the history of the scouts & our leader. Daisy was quite the accomplished woman. Most of the furnishings are original to the house, which adds to the tour. I do think it helps to be a scout or former scout to really enjoy the history of this woman, as I was amazed that we never learned about her when I wore brown & green. Some Brownies, Daisies, & Scouts touring here & there. Excellent tour guide!