Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $55.00
More Info
1,497 results
All reviews girl scouts gift shop girl scouting amazing woman our tour guide original furniture lovely home house is beautiful house tour andrew low house great tour on display cookies visiting savannah daisy troop gs
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Beautiful house but slightly overpriced considering it's just a house tour. The receptionist/front desk lady was very snippy, short, uninformative, and rude. Considering the fact that this house services/and stands for Girl Scouts - this is very off-putting.

The tour guide was informative but it is very Girl Scout and family history-centric. So don't expect an architecturally-interpreted tour. I wanted to visit the other two related houses originally, but decided not to after visiting this one. By no means is this attraction bad though.

1  Thank GlassLamps
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Our favorite of the three house tours we took in Savannah. We purchased the three house tour "Pioneers in Preservation" which includes Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace,
Andrew Low House and Isaiah Davenport House. This was our favorite not only because of the beauty of the house and furnishing, but the amount of detail provided by the charming and enthusiastic docent.

Date of experience: June 2011
1  Thank Kellker
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our troop did the house tour, pinning ceremony and a special interest session- Sisters of the Palette.

The house tour was wonderful- we learned a lot about Juliette as a child and about her family. We loved hearing the stories about how precocious she was as a child and about early scouting.

The special interest session was really fun! We got to use watercolor pencils, do engraving, sculpture, and make a portfolio. The session leaders were so nice and wonderful with the girls.

As a whole, the birthplace is staffed with knowledgeable people and runs like clockwork for troops with reservations. They were very, very busy that day and everything ran efficiently- definitely not a leisurely experience but we knew what to expect. I would have liked a little more time in the gift shop as it was busy and hard to navigate.

One tip- take advantage of the bathrooms! They don't allow time to go as a troop during the house tour and many of us waited because we didn't want to miss anything. (use the one in the carriage house where the powerpoint presentation is while you're there!) Before we knew it we were out on the street and had to go one at a time back in through the front door- staff was not happy.

All in all- so worthwhile!

Date of experience: June 2011
4  Thank ReneeVG-
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My mom and I took this tour and it was very interesting and I learned a lot about Juliette Gordon Low. The house's furnishings are interesting but not overly nice or awe inspiring. The part I enjoyed about the tour the most was hearing about all the creative things that Juliette Gordon Low did around the house.

Date of experience: April 2011
1  Thank GAPeach-7
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We visited the House on March 19th and really enjoyed the tour. It's a lovely house and the tour, while not long, touched on all the rooms and details, etc. Don't know what the previous poster is saying about how you can't buy a pin unless you take the house tour. My friend and I stopped by the house on 3/18/11, learned we didn't have enough time to take a tour that day, and went to the gift shop where I bought the fellowship pin for my daughter (who is a Girl Scout) WITHOUT taking the tour.

Date of experience: March 2011