Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Hampton.com
$174
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
The DeSoto(Savannah)
$183
$164
  • Pool
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$214
$193
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtfire pitvisitor centertrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitemain buildingwithin walking distancefree dotstreet parkinghot breakfastliving areabreakfast areawould stay here againthe river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2014

January 24 - January 26, 2014

A business associate Mr. J Younger, and myself had a wonderful visit to this Residence Inn while in Savannah GA. The overall service was excellent from all of the staff. I would like to specially mention two staff members that made our visit most enjoyable and they where Ms. Sappora the desk manager and Mr. Willie the concierge. They both went out of their way to make our visit wonderful. The cottage was great and very spacious. The food service for breakfast was delicious. The valet service was excellent. We will look forward to our next stay at this Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

Thank you staff for a great visit to your property,
Mr. Jerry Younger

Room Tip: Book a cottage if available!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike M
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2014

Mike M - Laura P - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Zippora, Willie, and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Savannah.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I arrived Saturday afternoon on February 8, 2014 to check in at Residence Inn Downtown Savannah. The woman at the front desk was cold and unfriendly. Her attitude surprised me. I have worked in hotels for years and have never experienced such attitude. After her responses, I went back outside and changed hotels by phone. The older bellman wasn't much help either. After traveling all day, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! And they are not pet friendly people!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nannette r
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We take pride in providing southern hospitality so I was very disapponted to hear about your experience. This is not typical of our hotel, and no should ever leave feeling that our staff is unfriendly. Your satisfaction is very important to us and your comments are such a valuable tool in maintaining our high levels of customer service. I will share your comments with our front desk and valet staff as well.

I was also sorry to hear that the third party travel agency you booked through failed to clarify our pet fee agreement. We are indeed pet friendly, but there is a $100 sanitation fee to clean the room after a pet has stayed in the room. I can certainly understand how that can be be an unpleasant surprise upon arriving. I apologize for your having that experience, as well.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Savannah Historic District and experience the quality service and accommodations you deserve and expect from Marriott Hotels.

Asst General Manager
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We are staying in Savannah right now and could not be more pleased with this beautiful hotel. The service is terrific. The hotel has high ceilings throughout giving the appearance of opulence ..the suite we stayed in is very large and welcoming. We can walk through the historic district from the hotel. There are many restaurants nearby. I can't say enough about this great hotel. We definitely will stay here again when we visit Savannah.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie s

Marie S - Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Courtyard! Our goal is to provide a unique and memorable guest experience. We take great pride in serving our guest and are delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! We look forward to having you as a loyal guest and will see you on your next trip.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was my first time in savannah but after 3 days worth of cancelled flights and bad weather we were probably not in the best of moods by the time we got here. I can safely say this changed when we were greeted at the front desk by kristen Harrison! Throughout my stay she has always took the time to help me with even the smallest problems I have had and if she couldn't help me directly then she would ask one of her colleagues. This was most apparent when I mentioned in passing that I had a nut allergy. Kristen told me to ask for her friend Karintha Moody and that she would look after me. Karintha was equally as lovely and took the time to check that I would not be affected by any of the foods they serve at the hotel. Having stayed in numerous hotels around the world I don't think I have ever been provided with a service like I have here.

Room Tip: Choose the cottages :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter H

Peter H - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Kristen, Karintha and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The water heater in my apartment had been broken for most of the month and my landlord told me I should stay in this very hotel until they were able to fix the problem. Kristen Harrison provided me with excellent service and quickly set my roommates and I up with 3 rooms. She even remembered who I was when I went back to get the recites from those rooms to send to my landlord. This was the best stay in a hotel I have ever had, I would definitely stay there again and advise anyone I know to stay there as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian W

Brian W - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.