Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
$190
$169
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$76
$169
$135
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$183
$143
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtfire pitvisitor centertrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitemain buildingwithin walking distancefree dotstreet parkingliving areabreakfast areawould stay here againthe riverbreakfast staff
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed one night and found the hotel to be very clean and modern. The courtyard and pool area was very nice. They offered a complimentary soup and salad the evening we were there. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The car valets were both great. We thanked Willie when we left. The hotel was within walking distance to everything and we felt very safe in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District! Thanks for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that the associates took good care of you while you were guests in the hotel. The team at the Residence Inn strives to deliver each guest Service So Memorable and it is always motivating for my associates when I am able to share comments such as yours. Thank you again for posting a review on TripAdvisor and for being our guest! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here two nights in April. Clean and comfy room, enough space. Standard Res. Inn kitchen area. Very large lobby, bar, breakfast area that was especially nice. Outside courtyard was tranquil and pretty. One mediocre breakfast and another breakfast that was the best I have ever had at a Marriott property. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Pay to park in a secure, valet controllet lot. Easy access to historic area. The free DOT bus goes by the hotel, and they will stop if flagged down. Can't compare it to other hotels in Savannah but this must be the top Residence Inn of all the Marriott properties we have visited.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District while in Savananh. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service and accommodations! I appreciate you sharing your comments on TripAdvisor as well. I apologize for the mediocre breakfast however I am glad to hear that we were able to turn it around the next morning! I have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to providing all of our guests with a fabulous breakfast everyday. Thanks again for your feedback, it is so important in maintaining the high standards we wish to achieve. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a big fan of anything Marriott; the rooms are always spacious, clean, modern and well equipped. The grounds always manicured and the building always maintained and full of amenities. This Residence Inn was complete with small gym, lobby with full time smiling attendant, full bar, plenty of seating amongst windows that overlooked the veranda, bonfire pit and pool area. The continental breakfast was a full-on, anything you could want selection; waffle maker with fresh batter, coffee, toast, English muffins, oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, cereals, sausage, Canadian bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, Activia and Light and Fit yogurt singles, granola...the list goes on!
The staff was, of course, very friendly and extremely personable. The parking situation is quite unclear when you arrive, really just park anywhere and they will take it from there- the $12 valet fee is worth its weight in gold to not deal with the hassle. Besides, almost anything you want is within walking distance: bars, Japanese, Italian, southern dining, etc. The river front area is definitely worth getting the car out for though. Between parking at the hotel and River Street you could cover most of the historic area on foot; unless you have any medical concern.
Great value, comfy bed, clean room, good location- we shall return!

Room Tip: Busy place, it would help to have a room at the end of the hall to cut down on noise of foot traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you being our guest at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you posting a review on TripAdvisor as well. I have shared your comments with the associates at the hotel. It is so good for them to hear the positive feedback as it inspires us to continually raise the bar in regards to service. Please come back you Savannah and stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a big fan of Residence Inns in general. I love the extra space at a reasonable price. This Residence Inn is well situated. While the property sits right on the edge of the historic area, we never felt that it was difficult at all to walk to any of the squares or restaurants. Moreover, it was really convenient to the freeway. The hotel also has one of the friendliest staffs we have seen. Add to that a nice free breakfast and a generous evening social each night and you have the makings of a great stay.
So why did I not give 5 stars? A couple of small things kept it from reaching that level. I found maintenance and cleaning to be hit or miss. For example, it appears that the hall outside our room was never vacuumed during our 5 night stay. On the other hand, they cleaned the carpets in our room on our second day and we came back to find several pieces of furniture left up on tables and counters for us to put away. I have to say, that was a little odd. Finally, on the first night, the hall air conditioners were so loud we could barely sleep. After that first night though, no problem with noise athough the hall was always either ice cold or really hot and humid. I heard some others complaining about the A/C so it was a property wide issue.
Overall though, I was happy we chose this property and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff so that we can be sure future guests do not experience the same frustrations. It appears you were a guest at our hotel when the carpets were steam cleaned. We do this twice a year and unfortunately we must clean stayover carpets as well. Typically the carpet cleaners will reset all the furniture in the room and there is minimal if any inconvenience to our guest. I apologize that they did not reset your furniture. I will make sure they are aware of this and it does not happen in the future. We will also work on any adjustments which need to be made to the air conditioning units in the hallway. Your comments are so helpful as we try to deliver Service So Memorable and qualtity accommodations to our guests! Thanks again for your comments! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay here. It is a pet-friendly location and the courtyard is just the perfect size for my toy poodle! It was safe and I was not in the least bit afraid to take him out at night. The staff was very friendly even after we complained that our room was not cleaned, they explained that we had left the "pet in room" tag on our door, so housekeeping would not enter. Immediately, the night staff accommodated and took care of our room as best they were able. Loved the full breakfast and the evening managers cocktail hour, with complimentary hors d'oevres and wine. I will be back again in a heartbeat! I adore Savannah!

Room Tip: We had a corner room in the "quiet" wing, it did live up to it's name!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have share your comments with the associates at the hotel. It is always great motivation for the team to hear such nice feedback! Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to serving you again in the future!