“Would stay here again.”

Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location is close to the interstate but still in the downtown area. The walk to river street is about 10 minutes but I did not mind the walk because there are plenty of other shops and restaurants around if you don't want to walk to river street. I had my dog with me, so the green space outside the hotel is great. Parking can be a little crazy, because there is limited parking around the hotel, but I was able to find a spot everyday. Also, there is valet parking for a fee if there are no parking spaces. I will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District for your lodging needs while in Savannah! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor! I hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an especially nice Residence Inn. The rooms are much more attractive than the standard for the chain. There's an excellent spot to walk dogs adjacent to the hotel and there are multiple doors for easy ingress and exits. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is a short walk from the restaurant district and the lovely old residential area. My wife and I have stayed multiple tomes on our way to and from Florida. The suites ofer excellent working areas if you need to spend some time connecting with your office while on the road.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District! Thanks for being a repeat guest as well. We are a pet friendly hotel. Our location offers pet owners excellent access to dog walking areas and our staff loves to welcome your pet. Thanks again for your nice comments! We look forward to serving both you and your pet again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed there for three nights during the home and garden tour week, The hotel is located one block from the visitor center so you can easily catch the free trolley that takes you around the historic district.

Our room was a king suite in the main building, and it was very large and nicely furnished. The breakfasts were very good with a nice selection of items.

They also have rooms in some adjacent buildings, but you have to walk outdoors to get to the main lobby and breakfast area. Could be a problem it is is rainy.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us during the Home & Garden tour in downtown Savannah. What a great week to be here! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. This is so helpful to prospective guest when making a choice of where to stay in Savannah. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed one night, arrived about 9:30PM to wonderful valet service and front desk clerk. Check in was super quick, room was beautiful, clean, inviting, and comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful the next morning, fresh, wide variety of foods! Left completely happy, and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that the valet and front desk associates took such great care of you! I am glad you enjoyed your short visit with us. We hope that you can return soon and take advantage of all that our hotel and Savannah has to offer!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Residence Inn was a wonderful experience! This hotel is in the historic district of Savannah, which makes it accessible to a lot of things. It's located right next to the historic site, Battlefield Memorial Park as well as the Roundhouse Railroad Museum.

Great things: we (husband, myself, and teenage dughter) stayed in a King Suite. What a surprise! The room was HUGE! It had a king bed, along with a pull out sofa bed. The ceilings were high, had a full kitchen, large bathroom, breakfast table, desk, dresser with large TV; plenty of room to walk around in. The courtyard area of the hotel was beautiful! There was plenty of seating, fire pit, gazebo, and heated pool. Breakfast: regular continental breakfast included.

Couple not-so-great things: Parking - you can pay $12.00 a night for valet parking, which is located right across the street. There is extremely limited free parking. If you're lucky, you can find free parking on the side street (backside of hotel). We were lucky enough to find a spot. But, please take note: you must be parked with the flow of traffic or else you will get a ticket. If you park right next to hotel side, you must face Martin Luther King St. If you park on the opposite side, closest to the memorial park, you must face the back of hotel (toward the Railroad Museum).
Elevator: one elevator for entire hotel. It's obviously slower and takes a little longer than normal.

Overall: I definitely would stay here again. Lovely hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for being our guest at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor as well. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will stay with us again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

When traveling with our 4-legged children, we always choose Marriott's Residence Inns as our pets are welcome to stay. The Savannah historic district Residence Inn is an exceptional property. Great location... Wonderful historic-styled cottages... Quiet area... Close to the Visitor's Center... Easy walking distance to the historic area and restaurants... Super large, clean pet walking area supplied with doggie scoop bags. One of the nicest RI's we've ever stayed in. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It will be our choice for future visits to Savannah!

Stayed: March 2013

Thanks so much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so glad you have chosen us to be your home away from home when traveling to Savannah. Thanks for the nice comments about the associates! I will share your feedback with them during our morning huddle. Guest feedback is so important to us and we always like to hear when our guests leave happy. Thanks again for staying with us! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here while we were in Savannah for a couple days. Chose the hotel based on Marriott locations in Savannah so I could use points. Check-in was fast and friendly and the hotel is conveniently located to walk to all of Savannah's attractions, and almost next to the visitor center.

They don't have any rooms with 2 beds, so I was a little worried, but I needn't have been! The rooms were extremely spacious, and the kids slept just fine on the sofa sleeper, and we finally got a great night's sleep on a king size bed! A fully appointed kitchen is available in the rooms, but we never had a need to use it. The hotel's complimentary breakfast was very expansive and I was glad to finally have fresh fruit!

We were placed in one of the "cottages" just outside the outdoor pool and gazebo area. This area is beautiful and a nice quiet retreat. The kids loved this area too, and could easily access the pool almost right outside their doorstep!

Only negatives were that the room did show some signs of wear. Although it was generally extremely clean we found some dirty mugs in the kitchen, and the countertop and floor in the bathroom also had some stains, that I'm sure with a little deep cleaning could come clean. Also, quite a bit of dust in the bathroom under the sink area. Most wouldn't notice, but my husband who pays attention to detail did. We also had a problem with our toilet not flushing when we arrived, but the staff were very quick to address it and had the problem fixed very quickly!

Overall an excellent stay and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Savannah!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the cottages (1st floor), so that you have your own little private sanctuar...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TOtravlr

Thanks for your recent stay with us and thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed that we missed some of the details such as the stained coffee mugs and the dust in the bathroom, however your comments are such a valuable tool in eliminating such problems in the future! I will certainly share your feedback with the associates. I am glad to hear we quickly took care of the maintenance issues you were experiencing. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again soon!